Revisions & Dr.s in SECT

joolz1226
on 6/28/11 8:20 am

I had lap-band over 3 years ago, and am considering having the band removed and having bypass due to weight gain and pb'ing all the time.

My questions are:  1.  has anyone had revision surgery and why?

2.  Are there any doctors in the Southeast CT area who are known for wriiting recommendation letters?  My obgyn wrote one when I first had the surgery and I don't think she'd be willing to again. 

LMCLILLY
on 7/13/11 6:51 am - Central, CT
I don't really have any recommendations for you, exactly... but I was compelled because of your lack of replies...

I know many who have had revisions and their reasons are varied and complex... such as; mechanical failure, incompatibility of the surgery with issues, medical complications, weight gain, lack of sufficient weight loss, etc etc.

You should seek a referral to the surgeon of your choice from your PCP.  Or, better still... go back to your original surgeon and talk. He/She will be able to refer you to someone who can do what you need if they can't assist you.

At this point, I don't think you should need any type of 'letter of recommendation' unless I'm missing something.  You may need one when it comes down to getting approval from the insurance for a revision- but that's a bridge that can be crossed in the future.

Good luck to you.

Best,

Lisa C

From CT

Most Active
Recent Topics