Need your advice

JohnLL
on 9/14/12 4:13 pm - CT
Hi,
I'm not even sure how to start this, and if it is the right place on the forum to start this thread, but since I'm from Bridgeport, I thought it would be appropriate here.
I'm 55 years old, 5'9" and with a weight of 330lb. I can hardly keep my breath after a few minutes of exercise, I have high blood pressure and I'm seriously worried about my health. Lately I'm contemplating on having a bariatric surgery and I'm here to ask for any advice that I could get from you who went through with it.
Certainly there are a lot of questions that only a face to face consult with a surgeon could answer, but I'm more interested in the after part. How drastic are the lifestyle changes after the surgery? After how long did you felt comfortable with the changes? For me it is extremely hard to break my habbits.
Let me know what should I expect if I decide to go forward with it.

I'd love to hear your opinions.

Best,
John.
MyLady Heidi
on 9/18/12 1:00 pm
You need to change your relationship with food, that is not to say you cannot enjoy food every again, you just need to never go back to eating the way that got your MO.  So for me that means all trigger foods most go, anything I think got me fat is on my taboo list.  I am super dilligent with what I eat because regain is a real possiblity and I refuse to let it happen.  This isn't easy or a magical cure, you have to do your part or you are just wasting your time and will regain everything after the honeymoon period wears off.

Good Luck!
Bette B.
on 9/19/12 8:02 pm
 John:

I just wanted to give you a wave from BRIDGEPORT! 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

JA
on 2/25/13 4:05 am - East Haven, CT

Hi John,

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to reach out to you and tell you that you would be making the best decision of your life if you chose to have the surgery.  Life will be totally different and will actually be "fun" again.

Yes, food will always be your demon, but with the right counseling and diet, you can do it.  I hope you will post and let us know what you decided.

JA

8.5 yrs out - Lap RNY - 100lbs FOREVER!

Most Active
Recent Topics