Calling all African American Pre and Post ops.....

Valerie Renee
on 3/13/04 3:15 am - New York, NY
I am Valerie and I am writing a book about WLS as it relates to the Black perspective. I am seeking persons interested in having their before and after pictures (or just before or just after) featured in my book. The book will be a wonderful tool for educating others about this surgery. Some of the topics discussed include: Barriers to Surgery, Co morbidities Prevalent in the Black Community and also has a cookbook section which converts recipes for some soul food favorites into something post-ops and those seeking to eat healthier can eat. Thank you in advance for your consideration of my project. VAL
tonia J.
on 3/18/04 3:08 am - martinsburg, wv
Hi! I'm a 35 year old black female desperately in need of the wls. I have just starting the process or shall i say trying to start the process. I have WV medicaid and i'm trying to find who and where i can have the surgery. I just relocated to the Martinsburg area from FL; therefore, everything is foreign to me. I would love to have my before and after pictures in your book. Good luck and may God continue to bless you. My BMI is 48.6 tonia
newbe66
on 4/12/04 3:42 am - Washington, dc
I'm really interested in what you are trying to do. I'll be glad to help also I have a question. are you goin to put information in there about people who have problem after the surgery?, like being on a very long plateau where they are not losing any weight at all . because I'm going through that stage right now. seems like once I lost 60lbs I just couldn't lose any more.
Most Active