Milestones!!! Can you tell me your milestones???

ronascott
on 6/28/04 1:37 am - San Antonio, TX
Hello again friends! Last week I asked you guys to share experiences where the public had been insensitive to you regarding your weight. For anyone who didn't see that post - I am working on a lecture/article to lobby the insurance commissions, ADA and anyone else who will stand still long enough to listen on behalf of the obese. I genuinely feel like it's my mission in life to do everything I can to see that future WLS patients and obese people in general don't have to endure the discrimination and misery I experienced in the past simply because I was bigger than most people. You gave me enough posts and replies to fill a 37 page WORD document! I am STILL looking for stories on how the public mistreated you or was insensitive to you because of your weight but now I would like to follow the bad with the good and hear your milestones. I DO want to hear how many meds you were on and how many you've gotten off of but I also want to hear how you've begun to be more participatory in your life - I want to hear the wonderful, heartwarming stories. For anyone who might be concerned - I'm not using this info to write a book or make money or anything else! This information is strictly going to be used to help US - the ones who seem to be the last on earth who are still considered social outcasts. I'll share my milestone first. Here goes...........Before WLS I had Adult Onset Type II diabetes, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and was spiraling down fast! I'd begun to suggest that my husband and kids have a "boys day out" when they wanted to go to the park or Six Flags and such because I just couldn't do it. I'd become an observer in my life instead of a participator. When I had WLS I asked my husband what my prize would be if I lost 100 pounds. His answer was "Anything you want." So, being the romantic that I am, I told him I wanted him to take me to this scenic overlook and play "Could Not Ask For More" by Edwin McCain and dance with me. He agreed. (Can you believe it???) So I lost the 100 pounds and waited and waited to dance at the scenic overlook. One weekend Edwin McCain came in concert and Wade got tickets for us to go. When "Could Not Ask For More" came on Wade got up out of his seat and pulled me into the aisle and we danced while the song was performed live. Before WLS I NEVER, EVER would have considered standing up and dancing in front of all those strangers. I felt like 40 years of pain and misery from being obese just fell away and I was a normal person. It was joyous! A few days later I got a letter from Edwin McCain and an autographed photo telling me how proud he was of me. WOW! Since then we danced at the scenic overlook too. It was one of the high points of my life following WLS. In addition to the fun things - I no longer take any medication at all and can wal****il my hubby begs for mercy! Happiness and good health is so awesome!! Can I ask you post ops to share with me again? Can you tell me about the joys and health benefits you've experienced since WLS? I'm also happy to have more stories regarding public insensitivity toward the obese. You guys are the best and please know that I'm working hard to make the world a better place for all of us!
Most Active