Reply to Shannon and Everyone Else

Kricket
on 6/30/04 9:23 am - St. Paul, MN
Hello Shannon and everyone else too! I'm sorry the pic was changed back. I know we have been backed up and the volunteers who have been helping have been putting in long days, over 12 hours on some, to help me get caught up again. I'm recuperating, but only three weeks out of PS and still sore and needing pain pills... not as often as a week ago, but they're still there for muscle spasms and such. The volunteers have been great.. taking over email for me and trying their best to keep up w/ everything.. all deciding they didn't want my job. :-). They've seen how hectic and busy it really is. I don't know why the pics were changed back. I haven't been able to check email for the last 24 or more hours as I've been collecting photos for the magazine for our B&A section.. or it wasn't going to be added. I didn't want that. I want to show off the success... YOUR success. Yesterday, over ten hours to get what was needed, my deadline being tonight. One of my volunteers had just got home from being gone for a few days.. and jumped right in to help me. Today, I've been going for 9 hours. I'll be going out for dinner.. and back on when I get back. I have volunteers who have been doing the same. I'm not complaining... just explaining that we aren't sluffing on you, but working our hardest to get to your requests as quickly as possible. Volunteers.... these people are doing this for FREE. They also have jobs and families, etc. It's also summer time. They don't deserve to spend it all in front of the PC. Some are having surgeries. Some are sick. Some are taking vacations. It's summer time. I want them to enjoy it and thank them for what they do, not reprimand them for what they can't do. The ones who are sick, I'm demanding they take needed time off. They don't get paid and I know many of you donate to the site, for that we're very grateful, but other than that, this is a free service. You don't pay monthly fees. So, please understand. Some might get sent in later then others, but get done sooner. If that sooner one is in box A, but they weren't able to get to their box for a few days, then box Bs will get done sooner. We have been trying to keep up on the boxes. If the pics in Box A sit longer then a week, two volunteers have been grabbing those older pics and doing them, instead of having them sit. They don't have to do this. They are doing it for me and AMOS, but they're also doing it for YOU.. or they wouldn't care how long the pics sat and didn't get worked on. We are training in a couple new volunteers now. This won't happen overnight. We're hoping to be caught up soon. Also, the new trainees... aren't always experts. If something isn't right w/ the pics.. please email photos, don't go complaining on boards. I might not see the email for a few days, but I WILL see it and get back to you. If I miss it.. send it again. I WILL get to you. Well, I'm back to solving the problems w/ pics. You all have a great day and remember.. you're all special to me and AMOS. If you want to possibly appear in the B&A section of the magazine, please send your approval forms in... or if you don't.. send it in w/ your choice. To find this.. sign into your profile and click on Reaching Out... Love ya! :kiss: Photos Processing Manager - [email protected]
Most Active