Update -Exploratory

Amy Smith
on 7/4/11 3:52 am
Thanks for all your well wishes!  It is awesome to know I have you all for support!

I had exploratory on the 23rd and my intestines at the Y were sutured together in order to stop the intesupption.  At this moment in time I am still uncomfortable at times, but have not experienced the "fetal position pain" since the surgery! :-)  I hope this will continue.  I am still using the Levsin  (from my GI) when I feel uncomfortable and it is working AWESOME!

Long story short, I had surgery and have recovered (for the most part).  I am in Chicago at the National Education Assoc. meeting.  I fly home on Wednesday, have a massage scheduled in the afternoon, and then have arm surgery on Thursday.  

I would love to here from anyone who has done their arms outpatient.  I am concerned about being in pain Thursday night and not being able to do anything about it.  (I have been on a bigger dose of vicodin for about a year and a half than my plastic surgeon has prescribed.)  I did call her with concern, but she thought that it would be okay and to use Perkaset would cause more intestinal issues, which we are trying to avoid anyway...What was your recovery like?  How was the pain?  How much could you move?

Thanks!

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

Elissa H
on 7/4/11 9:56 pm - Wilmington, DE
Thanks for the update Amy. Sounds like this will be a summer to remember or NOT!!
Percaset works for pain,  however it causes constipation. BLAH!! Not a place where you want to be long term. massage, YUMMMY!!
((HUGS)) Elissa
JUDY C.
on 7/5/11 10:46 am - Bear, DE

Tell me about your plastic surgery, who you chose, how much (if you don't mind) I'm so jealous!  I'd like to have PS but I think I have to get my iron level in check first.

~Believe in Yourself~

Most Active