13 days til I become a loser!

Leigh A.
on 10/7/03 11:48 pm - Claymont, DE
Hi All... I had my Pre-Admission Testing at Nanticoke Memorial Hospital yesterday. It was interesting. The people there are all so nice. My surgery time is 7:45 am on Tuesday, October 21st. I will be the first surgery of the day. I ended up reserving a Private room for my hospital stay, so that my husband could comfortably stay in the hospital with me at all times. I do not want him to leave my side while I am there, so this way, he won't have to. It's amazingly cheap. It's only $20 per day, if your insurance won't cover the upgrade. The nurse said that Dr. Miller likes his patients to be in private rooms, so he tries to have them placed on the pediatric ward (which are all private rooms), if there is room, so I might not even have to pay for the private room. I am going out this weekend to purchase a recliner. I don't really have room for anymore furniture in my house, but I really don't want to be uncomfortable either. I have heard from many people that the recliner is the way to go. We'll see.
franbvan
on 10/8/03 2:21 pm - harrington, de
i just bought all new leather living room furniture 2 months before surgery...but i didn't buy a recliner. i rented a recliner for 3 weeks instead of buying one so i wouldn't have to worry about a place to put it after i was done with it. i got it from rent-rite for $13.00 (the best one they had for sleeping in) a week and they even drop it off and pick it up too. it was the first time i ever rented furniture, but it really worked out great for me.
Leigh A.
on 10/9/03 11:34 pm - Claymont, DE
I sence nervousness, anxiety, and fear.....get over it and just do it!!! Heeee-Heeeee-Heee......sorry Leigh, you know me, have to say it....been there, done it, went through with it.......(ahhhhh, my sarcasm appears.... you never knew this about me, eh?). Anyways, I'm glad for you Leigh. You know I'm here if you need me just as you were there for me!!! Hope
Leigh A.
on 10/10/03 12:58 am - Claymont, DE
Thanks alot, Hope... for the direct orders....lol.... I can hear you now.... Hope Says: Don't make me come down to that hospital and pin you down for surgery! LOL.... I can see you saying that to me on the morning of surgery..... But, seriously.... thank you HOPE!
linda P.
on 10/20/03 5:05 am - bear, de
Leigh, Just logged into this site today and saw you are having surger tomorrow with Dr. Miller. I have my first appt. with Dr. Miller on Nov. 26th (which seems likes years away!). My thoughts are with you for all to go well. I would love to hear from you when you have time and are feeling better. Best wishes. LAP
Most Active