Hello...and baby food

hopeforallofus
on 11/1/03 3:46 am - Middletown, DE
Hi, everybody!!! Just wanted to stop in and say, "hi!" I'm getting a little anxious, but not too bad. I'm really ready to have this happen!!! Went shopping for all my essentials today. Have Crystal Light, chewable Flintstones Complete vitamins, Tums, Vitamin B12, Iron, chapstick, chicken broth, Splenda, apple juice and baby food. I have already ordered the Unjury protein powder since it received such rave reviews (below). It also came up as a testimonial in my WLS-NDE group. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/product-detail.phtml?pid=963 I did have a questions about the baby food...does anyone know if the the little amt of sugar that's in, say, bananas is OK? (3g in a 2.5oz jar). I noticed it was in most of the veggies, too (sweet pototoes and squash). I steared away from anything that said it had sugar because I wasn't sure if these were natural sugars or refined. Well guess that's it! Catch y'all later!
hopeforallofus
on 11/1/03 9:34 pm - Middletown, DE
OK...just did a search under 'baby food' and this is what came up. Very informative!!! http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/question.phtml?N=g1048723058&Search_Word=baby Just a tip...you can find answers to a lot of things under the 'library' link! See ya!
Vanessa M.
on 11/14/03 12:25 am - New Castle, DE
Hi Hope, I just wanted to wish you luck. I have been buying up my things too and I am not scheduled for surgery until tentatively March 8 2004. I am excited about it as well. I live nearby and I would like to keep in touch with people that have the surgery for hope and encouragement as well. I heard baby food is yuck, so I will do as PMRI suggest and make my own as well. Good Luck!! Vanessa
hopeforallofus
on 11/14/03 11:44 am - Middletown, DE
Thanx, Vanessa! I am home now and doing just great!!! And guess what??? There's about 6 jars of baby food still in my cabinet! lol Needless to say, I've taken to making my own pureed recipies. Good luck with your WLS!!! There is also a local WLS group via Yahoo for Northern Delaware (actually it's called Northern Delaware, but ALL of Delaware can join). It's WLS-NDE hosted by Yahoo! Groups. A sweet lady named Eala started a WLS email support group for northern Delaware and it's now being maintained by another sweet lady, Barb. Here's what Eala says from her profile..... "It's for folks from northern DE who are interested in the surgery, in the process waiting for surgery, and post ops. I found that a once a month support group wasn't really enough, at least for me...I thought it would be nice to have a group to share the small triumphs with, ask questions of between meetings, and to have support through tougher things. I also thought it might be a good resource for doing things like ride-sharing to appointments that are on the same day. If you are reading this, and from N. DE, and are interested in joining the list, please send an email to: [email protected] Hope you enjoy this resource!! (((hugs))) -Karen
Most Active