OT-calling the Queen of All Things Diesel

* Nicole *
on 9/19/11 9:47 pm, edited 9/19/11 9:49 pm
It was nice they tried to make it right but when they (Dodge specifically) refuses to fix it right before warranty ran out its bull. Shame cause that Cummins is a good engine and known for running for killer high miles. But brakes at 28K, WTF? and two clutches before 45K, its called this truck would fall under the Lemon Law here. Dodge needs to get over it and make or get someone to build a better transmission for it, my brother in law's transmission needed to be rebuilt at 120,000. I don't blame you for not wanting to sell it to anyone either.

If I am right GM/Chevy has a 100,000 mile power train warranty, but the day I buy new is the day I can put a hefty down payment on a GMC Denali 3500HD dually w/ D-max (GORGEOUS truck) Also they don't lie when they say they are the longest lasting trucks on the road. I know tons of people with 90's and earlier trucks that just keep going. My self one who owns a 1992 and gave my 1993 to my sis (heavy half ton - I needed a one ton)

So the Chev Dually or SRW (single rear wheel)?

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

vitalady
on 9/21/11 11:35 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
SRW. Other than our big trip, it only tows a small utility trailer (open box) or a small Wells Cargo. Dually seems overkill to go to the dump or fetch packing materials. Packing peanuts and bubble wrap weight nothing but they take up a lot of space! LOL

Boxes are heavier, but take up little space.

That's all it does for the rest of the year.

This is 2011 (where the good deals are) Chev (Silveraldo ZLT), 3500 SRW, diesel, long bed again. Crew cab. Has a b/u camera in the tailgate. We only seem to have issues with backing up. LOL

BUT, if we replace the tailgate with 5th wheel gate, the camera has no eye! The salesman went to an rv forum and many of them had put another eye over the cab light! So, same camera system, but the eye is now looking all the way down the bed, hence over the hitch. Danger still below the bumper level, but he can see the whole nose of the 5th wheel. Someone was brilliant. We asked for some sort of pig tail to be able to switch eyeballs.

I think that might be why the Dodge dealer threw on 4 new tires. Because, it isn't like we didn't mention these problems from 30,000 miles on out. So, 20,000 miles of us whining and OOPS, now out of warranty. And Chrysler Corp? All those "take in to check" didn't count.

If we didn't have to live with our conscience, it's got this fantastic pile of paper of new stuff, so might fetch a handsome price sold publicly, but we just can't.

In WA, has to be 3 times, same problem. And within X time. Now, they replaced the clutch twice, but was it the problem? Or the victim of the other flimsy parts? Never know.

So, we will be selling the 5th wheel tailgate, which does not fit the Chev and the canopy, used exactly twice, so has a lovely protective film of dust.

Wish we could snag these shiny new Michelins and save them for the Chev! LOL

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 354 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 813 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views