I buried a friend last week.

scoob
on 10/8/11 11:45 am - Somerset, KY
I am so sorry for your loss! I will keep you and her family in my thoughts in the coming days! HUGS

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Jennifer D.
on 10/8/11 11:47 am
I am sorry to hear about your friend Elizabeth. I wanted to comment on something I can relate to and that is working through your issues PRIOR to surgery. I did this before having my RNY and I thought everything was OK but it wasn't so I am working through them again with an agency in a different format.
Could your friend's family sue the psychologist who gave the go-ahead for this surgery? I know it won't bring her back but it may help out the family who is less one parent.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Elizabeth N.
on 10/8/11 11:51 am - Burlington County, NJ
No, there is nobody to sue and it wouldn't do them any good anyway.

No, you are not okay in that department. I'm glad you're working on it. Keep at it.

pycca
on 10/8/11 1:05 pm - Haslet, TX
My wonderful friend EN, I just got home from work and saw the post... It is a Great  eye opener for all !!

I am sorry you lost a good friend, but I am sure you did what you could,,,Some just can't see the thru the Forrest for the trees, nor the beautiful meadow beyond..

We all must learn to be strong, and continue to learn more about ourselves as time goes by..especially with our health.

Huggs
BethR311
on 10/8/11 2:01 pm - Fort Wayne, IN
Elizabeth, I'm so sorry for your loss.  I've read a whole lot of your tough, smart love over the years, and I know you brought it to your friend and her family. 

Even though I decided not to do the DS, I want to be one of whom you might one day think, She's not a chump.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/11 2:17 pm
 I haven't been around for a whle, but this post seriously hit home for me. The importance of having surgery for the 'right' reasons and knowledge of knowing that WLS is NOT for everyone.

This is not a cosmetic procedure by any means. The mindset of 'THIN AT ANY COST' is ridiculous. Since the cost is usually your life if you are not careful or mindful or have enough common sense to take care of yourself.

For Pre-ops, really examine why you want or need the surgery before plunging into something that is a life long commitment. 

I am 3 years out and although I am not by any means 'skinny'. I am comfortable with my size. I'm healthy, no diabetes and I take care of myself. Protein, vitamins and doing what's necessary.

It's important to realize that there is more to WLS than getting 'thin'. 

Dana
gak
on 10/8/11 2:20 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
So sorry for your loss (((EN )))

You have made excellent points on timing of surgery.

I understand how you feel. I have lost 3 DS surgery friends in the past. It is really hard. I know another one really struggling with now as well. I am trying to help her.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Fran-I Am
on 10/8/11 9:15 pm
I am so sorry for your, and her families, loss! Thank you for sharing her story.

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
Blank Out
on 10/8/11 11:45 pm
 I am so sorry!  Tragic loss!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Renee2007
on 10/9/11 1:30 am - Central, FL
 I'm so sorry for your loss, EN.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Most Active