What's your daily vitamin regime?

A. C
on 7/6/13 2:42 am

clpeltz,

Do you resell for Melaleuca?  Before my DS they were my favorite vitamins ever!

If so, could you please PM me.  I don't have anyone where I live that I can buy them from.

I appreciate it!

vitalady
on 7/8/13 12:39 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I'm trying to hang out more, since I miss you guys like my own body parts or something.

I had to laugh at this one, though. When people see me take my vites, their eyes fall out and roll around the table! They'll ask, do you take that many every day? Well, no. What they're seeing is one of 7 groups! LOL

But the thyroid is one of the "group" when i get up to pee.

The iron group is just a bite, so not really a group. Iron + C + copper.

I take the "unfriendlies" before bed. Another "group" of just a few. What are unfriendlies? They don't play well with others, but do with each other. Strontium, for example is for bones, but don't take it with calcium.

So the major ones that I advise everyone to take 3 times? I take 4 times. And if your eyes were still on the table, I'd start taking out the optionals. I'm prone to UTI, so no cranberry for you. I have a few RX for long standing things, so none for you. I read, I study, I observe. I take boron, K1, K2 - until you see a reason to take those, you can stick with calcium and magnesium and D. I take handfuls of calcium and magnesium citrate. I take mag oxide for constipation. Not constipated? Scratch that off your list.

Since the beginning, I've divided my vites into essentials and non-essentials. A non would be maybe, "Hair, Skin, Nails. Not everyone wants that.

I take everything on the DS starter list EXCEPT the B complex (my B6 is still way out in the stratosphere - the only B vite that can be problematic) and no A. How that happens is beyond me. I SHOULD need A. I can't get it any other way, and the ones in the multis and such are thje wrong form. so I can't see where it's coming from.

On my DS starter, I suggest 5mg copper (it's close to the size of a benadryl), but I TAKE 6 of them. And it had been fine on 2 for years. Go figure. I suggest the 1200mcg (1.2) folic (I think) but I take 10 times that. When my folic tanked, I was taking 100mg (100,000 mcg).

So, it's all so personalized to YOU. What do you want beyond what you "need"? I am my own guinea pig for a lot of new products. And if I have to take 4 pills, 24 isn't any different to me. But I take that 4 times. I've had 19 years to tweak to get it right, but it still changes. I get labs every 6 months, as does my husband. He only needs 10mg copper, but he takes 6 of the K1 1000. I take 2. And we reach the same scores on our labs.

I take the one D3-50, he takes 2 and we meet on paper within a few points.

The day the labs are in our hands we immediately compete. Right now. It's how we keep the enthusiasm to keep on going it, day after day. And while we had the same surgeon, same surgery, it's clear his protein will ALWAYS be better than mine, and my fat solubles will always be better than his.

I think Major Mom encourages posting of labs and then we can all help each other. When you add an extra pill or two, and your results start to change, it's tremendously empowering. "What? *I* took myself from deficiency right up to the perfect spot in the range? *I* did that myself. My own self. I really CAN take care of some of my health!"

So

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 352 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 806 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views