Does Probiotic = Weight Gain

Sunshine16
on 9/3/14 1:17 am

By the way, you have done awesome with your weight loss.  Has it been challenging to get to 160?  And did you not get plasties, how did that work out? 

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

sandanna5
on 5/11/17 7:15 pm

Hi agree with you on the weight gain using probiotics because I have been using it and my weight has gone up a lot. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what could it be. I have changed my diet drastically and starting meal prep but the scale still rises. I worked with a trainer and go to the gym. So I do believe they can make you gain weight.

Dori_SF
on 9/18/14 7:05 pm - San Francisco, CA

Just a quick note - I actually haven't visited the board in a long time as I'm further out... but back for a few years when I was newer and reading this board and another religiously (and pouring over previous years' posts). I DID see multiple threads from various old timers saying they did experience some weight gain after taking probiotics - and it was the good, recommended brands, too. If I remember correctly I do think it was chalked up to them helping the body absorb more efficiently as a side-effect to rebalancing the gut flora in a beneficial way. But the probiotics were so helpful overall - for other things - that it was something definitely still recommended. I have always kept this in mind.

Dori
HW 410 / SW 345 / CW 195 / GW 175  -   height: 5'10.5
150 cm common channel; 4 oz. stomach

Lyss Remaly
on 9/3/14 3:49 am - Wheeling, IL

I have never taken a probiotic.  I was never told to by my surgeon.  I have never had a significant stall or re-gain and I am 4 years out.  I also hit my goal weight after two years.  My BMs are absolutely terrible and foul but I have a lifetime supply of Ozium that I carry with me everywhere.  The most important issue at this point for you is to focus on getting the re-gained weight off.  You can do it!  Just stick with what you know.  If I can help in any way please let me know!

Good Luck!

dshrader300
on 10/28/15 4:17 am

After 2 weeks of taking Probiotics I am gaining weight. After I have been losing weight for 3 months solid. I am stopping them tomorrow. Probiotics is just like the flu shot a old wives tale that has been brewed up.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 314 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 778 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views