GAS / BLOATING- SO FRUSTRATED!!!

MajorMom
on 3/20/15 10:47 am - VA

I think a digestive enzyme would have you absorbing more but not necessarily solving gas and bloating. If you want to nip that in the bud a round of Flagyl or Fishzole is the way to go, and you would still be getting the fuel from the food you eat. Once you stop the Flagyl, you start the probitocs.

I don't have to use the Fishzole any longer, I take 300 billion bugs in a prescription probiotic twice a day. What you're eating shouldn't be causing daily gas and bloating, you probably need an antibiotic to knock out the overgrowth of bacteria. I'm not medical, just lots of experience trying to find my sweet spot with a sensitive system.

--g 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Sunshine16
on 3/24/15 2:53 am

Do you also have stomach noises or gurgles?

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Lyss Remaly
on 3/24/15 7:08 am - Wheeling, IL

I DO!!! sometimes it gurgles and goans so I'm sure something is happening in there.  

Sunshine16
on 3/25/15 9:52 pm

Well gully, sounds like you need your intestines cleaned out...honey you need you a real good diarrhea cleansing.   You need to real crapping, excuse the language, but when it happens and you feel completely relieved you will understand.  You will be like oh, my. 

Is there something that gets you running to the bathroom, because that is what you need.  Yes, it will do the trick, however for continuous maintenance you need something that will not stop you up..   My body change so, it use to be ice cream and Pepsi will get me going...but My probiotic that contains soy, and it does not have a billion of bacteria in it...Its the 365 from Wholefood.

Even though you go to the bathroom, for some reason you have not gone enough to clean yourself out real good.  Once that happen, with the right diet, no gurgles, and definitely no bloating or constipation....My intestines are completely cleaned out, and I usually drop 2 pounds....lol.

FYI- with some people fat helps them, not me...I usually know what works for me for a real cleansing.

Plus all that noise will cease.  Also will help, do what it takes to go to the bathroom good, and stop eating at night at a certain time so before you go to work u would have used the bathroom good enough and the stomach will not be making the noises.

With this surgery its a lot of trial and error until you find your balance...gotch I can not wait until that happens.

But good luck, and let me know if it helped if you tried.

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Brandy G.
on 3/24/15 8:40 am
DS on 08/20/14

I don't know and am not qualified to guess, but decided to put in a devil's advocate idea here.

Is it possible you are not eating enough? 

Have you always had this problem, or has it gotten worse as you started exercising an incredible numbers of hours a day whilst you eat only a tiny minimum of food?

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

Crazeru
on 3/26/15 3:39 am

If whey is a problem, try eggwhite protein shakes.  I use Optium, only comes in Rich Chocolate and Vanilla Custard that I add chocolate, peanut butter and banana to make it to my liking.  I'm sending you a PM.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Lyss Remaly
on 3/26/15 3:51 am - Wheeling, IL

Thank you all SO much for your help!!!  I've narrowed it down to after I eat!  I have removed ALL supplements and STILL get the gas/bloating feeling but it comes after eating.  Like I said, my diet is VERY basic...there is nothing in there other than what I posted

Grilled chicken/Fish, Healthy fats: Olive oil and coconut oil and I have removed all veggies at this point to see if that might have been the case and the gas/bloating is still there.

I saw the doctor yesterday (PCP) who tested me for h. pylori?  He told me he would NOT prescribe Flagyl since it is an antibiotic and he doesn't think that that would help and he said I should take prilosec OTC.  

I have tried teas, supplements, bowel cleanses and nothing is helping.  WTH!  I'm so annoyed.  I find out today if it's the h. pylori thing and if it's not...I'm back to square one.  I wanted to be OFF my supplements for 24 hours before adding back ONE at a time to see if that makes a difference but since I'm still gas/bloated without any in my system at all I don't even know where to start from here.

I have not had a cheat meal in over 5 weeks so I have been eating the exact same foods since that point.   

Crazeru
on 3/30/15 4:45 am, edited 3/30/15 4:48 am

Go order some Fish Zole and take care of the bad bacteria in your guts.  You'll find that it'll take care of 95% of your gas and bloating issues. 

Fish Zole

2nd link:

Fish Zole #2

ETA:  Don't do a probiotic while you are taking the Fish Zole, you need to clear out the bad bacteria.  Take for a week, then start adding in yogurt or a good probiotic to repopulate your guts.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Vanilla_Jalapeno
on 1/13/16 3:54 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you fixed your gas/bloating issue?  I will post so maybe I could help someone else having your issues. 

I have found when I have gas and gurgling sounds, two tables spoons of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar calms it immediately.  It gives you a shiver (tastes very bad), but chase it with some water.  Or you can even mix it with some water. 

Also, please have your ovaries checked out via a trans-vaginal ultrasound.  Sometimes that bloating and gas has to do with female issues. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 311 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 776 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views