Any dropoff

Noodle65
on 10/9/18 12:43 pm
DS on 10/18/12

I am six years out this month and still lose if I don't eat a ton. I never really watched my carbs but I do eat a ton of protein and fat. I get about 100g of protein from powder via green smoothies and additional from beef and chicken. My common channel is 200.

Blessings

Julie

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/18 7:31 pm
kairosgrammy
on 10/17/18 11:14 am
RNY on 10/17/17
On October 8, 2018 at 5:12 AM Pacific Time, jmm1234 wrote:

I have been reading posts about people gaining weight a number of years after their WLS, and I'm wondering what people have experienced in the degradation of the malabsorption ability. I recently read a post where an RNYer noted about 18 months to 2 months out, the malabsorption stopped working.

My surgeon told me he expected a drop-off at some point for DS patients but offered no specifics. So far I'm 4 years out heading into year 5 on a SADi DS and seem to be in a very strong malabsorption mode still, but I would like to know what people have experienced over the long haul for any WLS they have had (RNY, Any version of DS, etc).

I have found similar information so I'm sure that malabsorption shouldn't be counted on in the long term. It will always be about what we eat. I also knows that they don't advise stopping your vitamins so that is kind of contradictory.

Valerie G.
on 10/17/18 1:43 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

SADI doesn't have a lot of data, I'm afraid. You're a walking, talking experimental state that should be watched and recorded with your experiences.

I'm 13 years post-DS and still malabsorb plenty. I've regained about 14% of what I lost and am not complaining one bit, because I maintain effortlessly now.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 319 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 781 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views