Anyone NOT have issues with vitamin?

ladygodiva1228
on 8/26/20 5:58 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On August 23, 2020 at 10:40 PM Pacific Time, catalina07 wrote:

I am considering DS surgery and I am wondering, does anyone NOT have issues with vitamin deficiency? or is that just the way it goes? I hear so much about iron infusions and vitamin d and ferratin way too low. Is there anyone do ok with their levels?

What are your labs like now with having the bypass?

By reading your posting history you have had the lapband (which personally I think is a torture device had one), revised to the bypass and now what to revise to the DS. Why do you want another WLS? You have to ask yourself why did the bypass not work? Was it mechanical failure or did you let old habits back in? No WLS is a guarantee if you just go back to doing what ever you want. I have seen folks on here gain weight back regardless of what WLS they had. Even DS'rs have gained their weight back. Not all of them, but enough to know that if you don't do the work to make WLS a success then you will always struggle with weight gain. Just something to think about.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Fire_Ice
on 8/26/20 8:58 pm
DS on 10/25/17

I have ferritin/anemia issues, but I had those long before the surgery. Otherwise all my vitamin levels are great.

Jmm4321
on 8/28/20 7:57 pm
Brandy G.
on 9/1/20 4:14 pm
DS on 08/20/14

So before my DS 6 years ago, I worried over diet and exercise, because they were my tickets to health. Now, those are automatic and I worry over my vitamins because they are my ticket to health.

I've never had a deficiency, although I'm six months late on my 6 year bloodwork, so knock on wood. When I say something like I'm worried about my magnesium levels, it isn't because they are bad, but because either I think they should be higher or because they are trending down all of a sudden and I should figure out why. Maybe I changed forms? Brands? IDK, there is always about a week's worth of studying and thinking after getting the blood tests back.

And right now, I'm stressing over hair vitamins. Honestly, I've been using a hot tub every day and almost never brushing my hair (COVID) I think that is what is really hurting my hair, but I'm hoping to fix the issue with Biotin, Rosehip C's, more oils. I'm hoping it isn't protein. See -- that's the cycle you get into... You learn how to use supplements to improve things and then you start really dinking around with them and it's all you talk about.

But it really isn't too different from "Should I go on Atkins or South Beach? Or get a DS??"

Good luck!

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 336 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 800 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views