Common Channel length for the DS?

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/21 3:44 pm

Mine is 75cm

RealKombo
on 11/23/21 1:32 am

What was your starting weight and current weight? How long has it been since your procedure?

Sunshine16
on 11/23/21 12:04 am

100 is standard, but I have heard 75.

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

sporty333
on 7/8/22 2:11 pm

Actually...the real horror stories are those with really short common channels. I've read about it here on this site.

Such as malnutrition, muscle wasting, bone lose etc.... Many people have had to have their common channel lengthened. You'll be thin...but ill and wasting away. Goal should be healthy. I had a lot of concerns about that, and possible regain. After much discussion with my Dr. I'm going with a common channel of 200Cm. Granted my starting BMI is 37.....but I don't want the nutritional deficiencies, and I don't want to be ****ting my pants 5 times a day and nasty gas...lol.

Before surgery you're adsorbing through about 600+CM of small intestine. Going to 200 is pretty good for my situation, considering my BMI and I was contemplating just VSG. Talk with your Dr. Best of luck!

RealKombo
on 7/8/22 5:27 pm

While I very much appreciate the thoughtful response, this thread is sort of redundant now, as I've already made my decision a while ago and chose to go with a 85 cm Common Channel DS. I felt that was the best option for me, I'm currently about 6 months post op, and have lost 119.5 pounds total. I currently weigh 181.5 and still losing. I'm approaching a normal bmi and my recovery was great. My only regret was not having the CC shortened further. My surgeon gave me the option to go down to 75 cm.

sporty333
on 7/8/22 5:48 pm

Sounds like that is working well for you... we're all different, and our doctors know what's best for each of us. You're making great progress.. best of luck ð?'

RealKombo
on 7/8/22 6:13 pm

Thanks! You too!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views