Dr Uchal Jacksonville, fl

Hamida D.
on 5/2/11 1:51 am - jacksonville, FL

Hi,

Does anyone know of Dr Uchal.  He is part of North Florida Surgeons at the St Vincents location.  When I search with his name i get some information from Pittsburgh, PA.  While he was there he was the head of the bariatric division at Allergheny (sp) hospital. 

I am suppose to have a revision fro lapband to rny with him sometime this month.  He seems very knowledgeble but it just makes me nervouse that I cant fine any info or anyone that had surgery with him here is Jacksonville.

Thanks for any information

Hamida

abandster
on 5/2/11 6:53 am

Well, I typed out a reply but think I hit the wrong key and deleted it.  Okay, so I'm not good at the computer.  Actually, I'm not good at weight loss either as I, too, need a revision.

But what I wanted to tell you was that this doctor may be new to our area and that's why you don't see anything about him practicing here. 

I wish you well.  I know Dr. Cywes now does the sleeve (and the band) but no RNY.  I know Dr. Herrera who started the bariatric group at St. Vincent's and am assuming he's hired someone to join him and Dr. Chappeno so you'll surely be in good hands.

I do head up a support group here in Jacksonville, if you're interested.  Just email me and I'll be happy to add you to our mailing list.

Again, best of luck. You'll do just fine.
Hamida D.
on 5/2/11 8:00 am, edited 5/2/11 8:16 am - jacksonville, FL

Thank you for replying.  Yes he is new to this area he was head of bariatric surgery at Allergheny hospital in Pennsylvania.  Dr Chappano and Herrera did bring him in to head up their bariatric division since they do all kinds of surgery.  As you stated i have heard very good things about them so hopefully I have nothing to worry about.

I did talk to Dr Cywes about revising to sleeve.  He wants to put another band on.  Even though i am totally open and still have problems.  My band is not in a circle around my stomach, it seems to like to be in a triangle. With that happenini i have so much acid reflux and i  cant keep food down.  Also I have developed a dilated esophogus.  I love Dr Cywes but he wouldnt look at any other options.

I wish you luck in getting your revision.  I have had so many problems I cant wait to get it done.  I jjust didnt want to be his first here in Jacksonville...lol

Again thanks for your response :)

stephbehrlan
on 11/28/11 12:36 pm
 Dear Harnida,

I was writing to see how your revision surgery went in May. I am also at the decision making point of having Dr. Uchal perform a revision on myself... Would you be willing to share with me, not only info about your experience with Dr. Uchal, but how life is with your new revision body. How much weight have you lost, etc. 
I would truly appreciate it!
Stephanie
Lshjrv
on 7/27/13 1:19 pm - PA
I have had several complications since Dr. Uchal did my revision from VGB to RNY. I wish I had selected another surgeon. I do not recommend Dr. Uchal!!!!
travlinadddict
on 1/13/14 1:36 pm

Why do you not recommend him?  I had my original surgery in GA but now live in FL.  I am waiting for insurance approval to have a blind loop removed with Dr. Uchal.  Please, tell me your experience. 

Phick
on 2/6/14 5:16 am - Jacksonville, FL

Dr. Uchal did my bypass last October. He's GREAT! Surgery went well. I have not had any problems at all. I would send my own family to him.

He's not one of those snooty type surgeons. I find him to be very easy to talk to. You can just tell how much he cares.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 286 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1328 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1332 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1473 views