Medicaid

misspeachpie
on 10/16/12 4:17 am - FL
Hey I'm a newbie. I haven't had a procedure done yet. My question is....I have been approved for Medicaid now what do I do. Please help. Thanks in advance.
bstevenfield
on 12/12/12 11:44 am - Citrus Springs, FL

Ok...I have medicaid (medipass) I had to go to my doctor (family doctor) once a month for 6 months. All that had to be recorded was my height on the 1st visit and my weight each month. My doctor discussed diet and excercise with me and I told her I wanted a referal to a bariatric surgeon. I knew which surgeon I wanted to use so she got me a referal pretty quick. I met with the surgeon for a consultation. After I completed my 6th visit my doctor faxed my records to the surgeon and after my psyc eval they submitted my packet to medicaid. I had an approval within the week. I have my RNY on Jan 3rd!

misspeachpie
on 12/12/12 12:12 pm - FL
I wonder if the guidelines are the same for Medicaid Share Of Cost. I started with my nutritionist this month and was under the impression that I only had to do a 3 month weight loss program. I go for all of my pre-op procedures next week. Thanks for your insight. And good luck on your surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 301 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1346 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1345 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1486 views