ALL GEORGIA AMERIGROUP MEDICAID MEMBERS

kreeves328
on 10/27/14 3:11 am

So if I have done weigh****chers online for the last 3 months does that count?  

ErikaR123
on 4/2/15 4:02 pm

Hello ......Im looking for help getting started...I have Amerigroup as well...please email or call me 4047077199 / [email protected]. .....

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/14 5:07 pm

Yes I just completed everything, paperwork submitted on Sept 30 bmi 37 with diabetes,reflux, and mitral valve do u think I get approval.  Chela

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/14 5:10 pm

Yes I just completed everything, paperwork submitted on Sept 30 bmi 37 with diabetes,reflux, and mitral valve do u think I get approval.  Chela

newchange2885
on 10/9/14 8:03 am

Hello, Congratulations on your surgery.. I am now doing the process at Peachtree Surgical &Bariatrics at the downtown Atlanta location. The people there are very nice and helpful. I enjoyed my experience. I went to my Primary Care Physician and he done my Labs, EKG,and he and I have been working on a diet plan for months so he is getting ready to send the information to Peachtree. The Nurse Practioner  told me as long as your PCP can document these things you will not have to do nutrition for 3 months. Like I said I had already been talking and working with my PCP about diet, diet pills and exercising.

My surgeon will be Dr. Larry Hobson. I did get preapprove so once I get my psychology evaluation then they will go to Amerigroup to get the approval. I am very glad you spoke about Amerigroup because I did not know they pay for this surgery until a couple of months ago I came across your post..

Thank you, Thank you for the information...

sassie21898
on 10/17/14 2:00 pm - augusta, GA

it sounds like you should be looking to have surgery within the next month or two. i didn't have to do a diet plan because i had 2yrs of documentation but they only wanted i think 6mths worth. i hope all works out for you, it did for me

sassie21898
on 10/17/14 1:49 pm - augusta, GA

it has been 5yrs since my surgery i'm just now back active on obesity help if i can help anyone out i will. i have leveled out at 150lbs looking and feeling great. let me know how i can help the next person to the losers side

Aries0219
on 4/10/15 11:28 pm - augusta, GA

im trying to get started I also have amerigroup in augusta ga and I don't know where to begin plz help me out my email is [email protected]

Xenia305
on 12/14/14 9:27 pm - Bristol, GA

Hi im 27 and im 5'5 250LB i have 3 kids and im on well care will they pay for surgery or should i change to ameri group

MrsB1828
on 12/30/14 2:47 am

I also have Amerigroup through Medicaid I called yesterday and they said that they do cover the surgery but my PCP must say that it is medically necessary. I called my PCP and he said that it is offfice policy not to recommend anyone for weight loss surgery.  So now I have to find a new PCP. Does anyone know of a PCP near McDonough that does recommend weight loss surgery? 

Most Active