Happy 1 Year Surgiversary Rolanda - FascinatedOne

LaShelle2
on 8/5/11 3:16 pm, edited 8/5/11 3:17 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

Happy Happy Happy

Year

Surgiversary

Rolanda

Wow,

Can you believe it's already been a whole year?

Doesn't it seem like it was just yesterday when you were learning to eat again? And remember that first walk on surgery day? You looked up at the nurse, still a little loopy from the anesthesia and questioned whether she smoked crack on her lunch break because surely there was no way you were gonna be able to walk! 

But, you did it!  You made it through those first baby steps, and lived through that dang drain, and drank that horrible Unjury, and the Crystal light.

And one day a few weeks later, you  woke up and felt like Rolanda again.  You have discovered this DS thing is not so bad. You can bend, and twist, and jump, and dance, and all manner of things you never imagined.  Can you believe we went tubing last month? US? Former fat girls! And we walked all over Helen in the blazing sun and didn't have to sit down every 10 steps. And we rode the horses and didn't have a second thought about whether we'd be able to lift ourselves up onto the seat, or if we would weigh too much.

This past year has been a test of your physical and emotional endurance.  You discovered your body is more resilient than you ever estimated. You have learned that you can love someone, but still love yourself more because ultimately you are the most important person in your life.  You have learned you deserve happiness, and joy, and all the best life has to offer.

I am so blessed to have you as a friend and wls buddy. I am so proud of all you have accomplished. I can't wait to see what amazing things year 2 has in store for you.   I have a feeling it's gonna be
AWESOME!

~ LaShelle
MARIA F.
on 8/7/11 2:54 pm - Athens, GA

Congrats Rolanda!!! :-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

Fascinated One
on 8/12/11 9:17 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks Maria. :)
START 318 | CW 179 | GW 165 | --- Updated Feb 3, 2012 (-139) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you researched all of your options?
Duodenal Switch--Check it out at 
DSFacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com/
DeniseATL
on 8/10/11 10:44 pm - Atlanta, GA

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!  You look fabulous!!!

LaShelle2
on 8/11/11 1:08 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Happy belated 1 year to you too Denise. You look good too girl. I can't wait to see you. I probably won't even recognize you! 

You look like a totally different person. Just amazing
!

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Fascinated One
on 8/12/11 9:20 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks Denise, and congrats to you. We could probably pass each other at the mall and not even know it. Lol. We should definitely catch up soon.
DeniseATL
on 8/11/11 2:15 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks Lashelle.  I definately miss seeing everyone. Hope I can hang out next time.  I finally see the new me.. .and unfortunately so does everyone else....If I could write a book...it would be a BEST Seller

Fascinated One
on 8/12/11 9:16 am - Atlanta, GA
Awww, how sweet. I'm just now venturing over to the GA board, and what a nice surprise. Wow, I can't believe it's been a whole year. It's been truly amazing. I feel like I'm learning a whole new life that I never knew could exist. I'm so blessed to have found you and this group of folks who understand it all. The many adventures we get into are more than I had ever imagined. I knew I was missing out on a lot being big, and I'm glad that through this support structure I have really been able to see what life is meant to be

I don't know how I would have made it through without your support, and the support of everyone here. I look forward to year #2 and experiencing all the adventures that come our way.

Thanks so much for everything!

Love ya girlie,

Rolanda
Lynne
on 8/26/11 5:37 am - Macon, GA
Congrats Rolanda,

This year really flew by for me, I know it must have for you too.  Keep workin' that DS,

Lynne
Highest 330,    Surgery 297,     Goal 140.     Current 130
First Dr visit - 330 -
BMI 58.4,    Surgery - 297  BMI 52.6
01/24/2011 - 196 BMI 34.7 (ONEderland YEAH!!!),                 ...GeorgiaPink
08/10/2011 Reached GOAL Baby! 140 BMI 24.0                           is my Angel.
08/24/2011
- 139 BMI 23.8 One Year Anniversary 

Most Active