Time to get ME back!!!

jspurple
on 12/11/11 9:50 pm - fairburn, GA
VSG on 04/11/12
Well, I'm back.  Never thought that I would be able to say that.  I started this journey back in 2009 and I cant believe that its been 2 years.  I was more of a lurker that posted occasionally, but I was on this site several times a day researching and meeting new people.  Well, I was well on my way to RNY surgery and I was so excited and busy trying to make my dream a reality that I was not paying attention to my cycle.  Just before I was ready to pay the fee to request insurance approval, I realized that I was starting to feel nauseous and my period had not shown up.  " Oh, you have got to be kidding me!" " There is no way I'm pregnant 'cause I'm about start my journey to becoming thin and healthy!"  My pregnancy was confirmed in early November of 2009 and I was devastated.  To say I cut up in the doctor's office would be an understatement. 

Two days before Thanksgiving and one hour before arriving in Pittsburgh, my husband and I finally talked about having another baby.  I guess we were both in shock.  We gave each other a pep talk and just before arriving to my mother-in-law's house, we were having another baby and it was OK.  One month later, we found out that we were having twins. Double wow!!!!  Fast forward to 26 weeks and 5 days, which was when I went into pre-term labor and had Johnathan and Jacob.  They were 1lb 14 ounces and 1 lb 13 ounces. The biggest scare of my life.  I have never been so worried and scared.  My babies spent 66 days in the NICU and came home on oxygen.  I think back now and wonder how I got through 2010 with all that was going on.  My main concern was my children.

Now that my babies are healthy and almost two years old, I feel that it is time to get back to ME!  Getting back on OH has been my first step and I look forward to continuing this journey................
curiouscat7
on 12/11/11 10:29 pm
 Wow, Welcome back. Most of us have been pretty quiet..... I'm so glad that your babies are doing well and now it's Mommy time...:)

Are you still looking to get the surgery? If so are using Macik.....

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
jspurple
on 12/12/11 1:25 am - fairburn, GA
VSG on 04/11/12
Yes, I am still looking to get the surgery with Dr. Macik.  I need to give Robin a call and see if I need to start completely over or what. I'm pretty sure that I will need updated psych and nutrition evals. 

I do see that the activity is very low.  I was wondering where everyone went because the forums used to be much livelier in 2009.
LaShelle2
on 12/12/11 7:42 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Are you by any chance a state of GA employee? You know they dropped wls coverage for 2012. 

Praying you are not!

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

jspurple
on 12/12/11 8:50 am - fairburn, GA
VSG on 04/11/12
No, I'm not a state of GA employee.  I work for a comapny whose corporate office is out of California.  I have Blue Cross Anthem insurance, so I just need to make sure that there will be no changes for 2012.

Praying for the best!!!
DeniseATL
on 12/12/11 2:48 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey Girl,

Good Luck to you on this journey and congrats for never giving up!  It is really quiet here.  Its a shame but I can not say I have made it better.  Hopefully we can get it interesting around here!

Most Active