Moving to Georgia next month from Pittsburgh need to meet new friends

RainDiva
on 12/26/11 12:46 pm
I will be moving around Atlanta ga next month for work and I know nobody there. I would love to make some new close friends especially ones that have had WLS. I do have a few questions I know traffic can be terrible but if I was to find somewhere north of Atlanta would I be avoiding rush hour traffic. I will be working close to buckhead piedmont area and I don't want to sit in rush hour traffic if I can help it my big issue is places that I can afford seem to be south of Atlanta. Any Suggestions and would love to meet some new friends. I am excited but so nervous I will miss my fam and friends here but cant wait to start a new journey

Nick E.
on 12/27/11 12:50 am - Duluth, GA
 I suggest you check out the WLS support groups at Emory Johns Creek Hospital. They are very friendly and supportive group and the leader is outstanding.http://www.atlantabariatriccenter.com/
Welcome to Georgia!

RainDiva
on 12/27/11 2:14 am
thank you. I emailed them last week because they take Aetna someone got back to me today and said Lynne Winne will get back to me do you know her

Nick E.
on 12/28/11 8:54 am - Duluth, GA
 Lyne Winnie is a great leader. Hope to see you at the next Support meeting!

RainDiva
on 12/30/11 1:33 am
thank you so much

walterswife
on 1/4/12 7:35 am
Traffic is a mess all over Atlanta but it would be good if you could travel away from the traffic. 

I think Dr. Dennis Smith has some support groups that meet on Saturday in Marietta and someone recently posted about a support group that meets at Emory John's Creek on Saturdays also. 

My groups meet about four times monthly but they are all in central DeKalb which might be farther than you want to travel.  However, they meet at 7:30 after the crunch.

Welcome to Georgia!

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

RainDiva
on 2/5/12 12:49 am
where is your support group located (address)

walterswife
on 2/5/12 12:53 pm
My groups meet at DeKalb Medical Center in central DeKalb County. (near 285 and Highway 78).  The address is 2665 N. Decatur Road, Decatur, GA. They meet in the Stubbs Auditorium on the ground floor.  This is the professional building adjacent to the hospital.

The schedule is as follows:

Second Wednesday-post surgery to 12 months
Third Wednesday--open meeting
Third Monday--vet's group, 12 months out and more
Last Monday--open meeting

Actually all of the sessions except the veteran's group are a mixture of persons.

All sessions are led by Dr. Stephen Ritz, a psychologist who deals alot with bariatric patients and they meet from 7:30 p.. until 9 p.m

You can contact the doctor's ofice at 404-501-7081 for more information.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

atlanta_living
on 1/7/12 9:40 am
Welcome to Georgia! 

I am one of Dr. Dennis Smith's patients and attend a support group meeting at 6:30 pm on the 3rd Thursday of each month in Atlanta off Windy Hill Road.  We would love to have you attend our meeting. 

But check out the link below for the schedule of all Dr. Smith's Support Group Meetings.

http://www.advancedobesitysurgery.com/support_group.htm

~Helen~
“You can suffer the pain of change or suffer remaining the way you are.?  ~Joyce Meyer~

Ht 5'0" /Consult Wt: 214 /Surg Wt: 205 /Goal Wt: 125 / Current Wt: 119       
RainDiva
on 1/10/12 11:17 am
Thank you for the info I am leaving pa on jan 21, I am renting a house in austell ga, Cobb county. I can't wait to come and meet some new friends. My motto this year is new body, new life, new year, new job

Most Active