VSG in Mexico?

1traveler
on 9/25/12 4:34 am
VSG on 11/14/12 with

Hello everyone, I'm very interested in having WLS and I'm considering the VSG. My insurance excludes all issues bariatric. I"m thinking about using Dr. Joya in Mexico, because I can't afford  self-pay in the U.S. I would like to know if anyone has used him as a surgeon? What was your experience and do you think it's his safe. Please advise if you know anything about this physician.

Thanks in advance,
Janice
Kiwistardust
on 9/25/12 3:14 pm - GA
 You'd have better luck asking this in the Mexico forum if you haven't already. Tons of folks who've seen many surgeons! Also try the VST site as well (again, if you haven't already!)

Ht: 5'8     CW: 262      GW: 160

I'm so ready for change, it hurts. But all the hurdles I'll have conquered along the way make everything well worth it.

hwbrewer11709
on 10/18/12 11:54 pm - Ravenel, SC
RNY on 10/02/12 with
 Hi,

I had RNY with Dr. Joya on 10-2-12.  My experience was amazing and I never felt unsafe!  I met Dr. Joya before and after surgery and each day I was in the hospital.  He is a man of very few words but his 1st assistant, Dr. Espinoza is awesome - he checked on me twice a day and everyday I was at the resort.  Some of my friends had issues with me going to Mexico for surgery but my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.  Ultimately, the decision is yours but if you have any questions, let me know.

Good Luck...I'll be prayiing for you and your recovery!

Heidi
MARIA F.
on 11/8/12 9:15 am - Athens, GA

WLS in MX is an awesome option if you go to the right Dr. Just don't go with the lowest price. There is a reason they are the lowest! Good luck!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active