Looking for local bariatric doctors---------------

adstephens23
on 11/19/12 1:23 pm - Norman Park, GA

I live in the southern part of Georgia and need to find a bariatric doctor to see that will monitor me, assist in a weight loss plan of action, and be willing to sign off that I am medically necessary in order for my insurance to cover my VSG surgery. Does anyone from the lower half of Georgia have any ideas? Thanks so much!

MARIA F.
on 11/20/12 1:32 am - Athens, GA

Not sure where you're located, but there is suppose to be a good one in the Savannah area. I'll get a name if u want.

FormerlyFluffy.com

shygirlxoxo
on 11/22/12 5:03 am - savannah, GA
RNY on 12/04/12

You can type in memorial bariatrics to find the one here in Savannah. Unfortionately they dont take my insurance so I go to Augusta :)

LaShelle2
on 11/30/12 11:28 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

Have you had a consultation with Dr. Blaney in Augusta.  I have heard good reviews about his office. Plus, he does all 4 surgery types, so he may be able to give you an unbiased opinion about which procedure will work best for you.

I notice you have a very high BMI. Please take a moment to research the benefits of DS wls.   I have lost 175lbs and kept it off for over 3 years.  I am very grateful to have learned there was another option besides the rny and band.

Also,  you may need to travel to get the surgery and surgeon you need to get the results and care you want.  The back and forth travel is a headache pre-op and the first few months post op, but you will not need to go to their office nearly as much after that.   It is a small sacrifice for the right procedure and surgeon.

website for Dr. Blaney:     http://www.livehealthymd.com/

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Most Active