exercise tips

charlem
on 1/29/13 2:08 pm, edited 1/29/13 2:09 pm - GA
RNY on 12/27/12

I am one month out from having a RNY gastric bypass surgery. I guess I really need tips on effective workout plans. Since I had my surgery my work hours have been cut so joining  a gym is not an option for me. I do however want to make sure that as I lose the weight I do not gain skin. What are the most effective at home workouts that I can do to make sure I lose as much weight and skin.

LaShelle2
on 1/30/13 9:00 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

It took me forever to get up the courage tp step foot into a gym. I just was too ashamed to be the fat girl in a sea of skinny minnies.

I mostly walked, which is free and great for cardio.I purchased some hand weights and some resistance bands too which were pretty reasonably priced at Ross and Marshalls. Ialso really like zumba, and there are dvd's and youtube videos.  You can also check out workout dvd's at the library. That way you can mix it up and not spend any money.

I am lucky not to have excess skin. I think it comes more from heredity though. Some people work out a lot and still have excess skin.  

Building muscle will fill in some of the loose spots, and also getting enough protein and vitamins will help improve elasticity.

Make sure you check with your surgeon on how much weight it is safe to lift, and don't over exert yourself.

Congrats on your surgery!

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Most Active