Tri-care Prime Remote ???

kelkel319
on 6/21/03 6:04 am - Mansfield, OH
I was just wondering.. I am not on a base and not within an hour of one so therefore we see cilivian drs that is in our network, so when my dr's office called to set up my referal the insurance co said that they would only approve one appointment,, what exactly does this mean, does it mean one at time then they keep getting just one? or are they saying ONE?? I did not get a chance to call the insurance co back and ask and now it's driving me crazy wondering, and of course i can't call them til monday. thank Kelly
Danielle F.
on 6/22/03 3:09 am
We are stationed in North Georgia and are on Tricare Prime Remote. My surgeon is a network provider so I was approved three visits per referral. (I have been given 2 referrals as of today.) Tricare has been very good to work with, but you do have to be very persistent. All of the hard work does pay off. Good luck to you. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to email me.
jenafwife
on 6/24/03 10:58 pm - Blue Ridge, GA
I also have Tricare Prime. They approved me for 2 office visits for surgery. Watch out because it will expire. If this happens and you still need visits call your PCM or Tricare to have it extended. I myself am having problems with the psyc evaluation. I called tricare and they said no I didn't need a referral as long as I went to someone in my network. I told this to my PCM and he recommended someone. Then when I got my EOB they denied the claim because I didn't get a referral. Now I get names when I call Tricare if there is a problem.
Most Active