surgery wait

shae7755
on 7/22/03 10:37 am - Atlanta, GA
I want to now after you have your consult with the surgeon how long does it usually take for the surgery. I spoken with several people who had to wait almost a year for a date is that normal?
Angela B.
on 7/22/03 7:39 pm - Covington, GA
With some Dr's there is a long wait time. I did not have that problem with Dr. Robinson. From the start of this endeavor to my surgery date, there maybe was 6 weeks, at the most. Mine wait time was much shorter than most. This may be due partly to the footwork I had done before seeing the Dr. When I say footwork, I had all the info the dr and ins company could have ask for before my first visit with Dr. Robinson. Doing the homework paid off for me. Keep us posted, Angela
Laura F.
on 7/23/03 2:06 pm - Dallas, Ga
2 months was my wait. Once you have testing BCBS HMO requires surgery within 30 days.
Siddy I.
on 7/27/03 3:16 am - Savage, MN
I also went with Dr.Robinson in Conyers. My wait time was about 3 months from start to finish becasue I had to finish my supervised diet requirement for the insurance company. Dr.R's office staff is the best around and the support group is the bomb! Good luck to you. ~Sidney~
Most Active