New to this :).... and a few questions.

Joe C.
on 8/24/03 6:10 am - Manor, GA
Hey guys! First off, I LOVE this website. It has been the answer that I have been searching for for so long! I'm a 22 yo male who just recently moved here to the Atlanta Area. I'm 6'1'' 378. I have had a long history of weight issues ever since puberty. My family doctor back home in S GA has plenty of records of my weight loss struggle. I am currently trying to find out what I need to do to get the insurance approval ball rolling. I have recently started working here in Atlanta and am on BCBS POS with work. One of my coworkers who is also obese had stated that she researched WLS and even went as far as getting it approved by BCBS. My quesiton is this, will I have to start all over with documented wieght loss attempts with my new PCP who I haven't even visited yet, or will my records with my family doctor back home be able to be used in my approval process. Please fell free to e-mail me, I am really looking to talk with some folks who have had this surgery and who have been through this process... I guess I'm needing a few new friends who have been through/are going through this process to give me some help and support. Look forward to hearing from you soon! God Bless!!! Joe
Joe C.
on 8/24/03 6:10 am - Manor, GA
BTW, my e-mail address is [email protected]
Shamon F.
on 8/28/03 4:46 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hi, Joe. Your story sounds like me.I'm 29 year old female that has had weight problem most of my life. I also have bc/bs . The first step would be to find a very good Dr. I don't know if you have done that yet. One that has a new patient care program and good office staff to help you with this. I am approved for waiting for my date of oct 3rd. If you would like more information ou can email me at [email protected] and let me know how far he have gotten and maybe I can help. Good Luck, Shamon
Most Active