please help!!!!!!

Jacqueline H.
on 8/30/03 2:46 pm - Cleveland, ga
I spent all day Friday calling Drs in the Atlanta area looking for someone to accept Medicaid, either there was no answer or they didnt accept! I found one Dr that does accept but there is not many people who have used her (Leena Khaitan) or at least posted comments. Does anyone know of a Dr in the area that still accepts Medicaid? I live in N georgia. If this is my only option, I already called and she is suppose to call me in October for a seminar appointment, what do I need to do in the mean time? Do I get the pre-approval? HELP!!!!
shae7755
on 8/31/03 1:09 am - Atlanta, GA
I'm using Dr. Khaitian and she have several people who have used her on this site and the wings around atlanta group. She spoke at the emory seminar in august and was quite helpful. I think Dr. Hixon takes medicaid but I know he is booked up until next year. Hope this helps
mmeck
on 9/2/03 10:18 pm - Hartwell, Ga
At the Emory siminar they said they accepted medicaid only, medicaid doesnot preauthorize. You have to sign a wavier saying that you will be self pay if medicaid does not pay. I read on this site were it did pay for a few people. Emory is of course top notch. I went to the first siminar in August and have my first surgeon consult on Sept 15. Maybe you should call them. There number is 404-778-5673. Dr. Khaitan is my surgeon. She has done many surgeries, but for some reason on a few have been members of this site. I like her, but I will know even more in a few weeks.
Amy W.
on 9/3/03 8:09 am
Have you tried Dr. Redmond. I believe he takes it also.
chriswls2003
on 9/13/03 12:10 am - Chatsworth, GA
Dr. John Scarborough in Smyrna, GA accepts medicare and medicaid. I am on medicare and he is doing my LAP RNY on 10/13/03. His website is http://www.doctorscarborough.com.
Most Active