Support Group in Cobb?

Tiffany B.
on 10/1/03 4:23 am - Charlotte, NC
Hi! First I want to thank everyone for all the great questions, answers and advice. This website has been wonderful for me and will continue to be very instrumental in my WLS Journey. I am pre-op and want to find a support group in Cobb County. My surgeon's office is a bit too far to have to travel for each meeting so I was hoping there might be one closer to home. Thanks! Tiff
Marrilee M.
on 10/7/03 8:13 am
Hi Tiff, I'm just beginning my WLS journey also. Last night I found these two Atlanta forums. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WingsAroundAtlanta/ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wingsofthewest/
Marrilee M.
on 10/9/03 12:39 pm
Hi Tiffany, Tonight I went to the Introductory Seminar and Support Group meetings down at Northside Hospital. The support group is generally for patients of Drs. Waits & Merck but both are free and open to the public. There were 40 people at the Intro and 100 at the Support. I left Town Center Mall at 3:13 and parked at 3:45, the first session starts at 4. Traffic wasn't too bad going or coming. Came home about 7:30. Hope this helps.
Tiffany B.
on 10/10/03 2:34 am - Charlotte, NC
Thanks to those *****sponded. I went to a Support Group last night by my surgeon's office and it was great. A buddy of mine from OH.com is looking to start a group up in Cobb. I will let you what happens with that if anyone else interested let me know. Thanks, Tiff
Marrilee M.
on 10/11/03 10:20 am
Hi Tiff, I'd love for us to form an I-75 corridor support group. I'm right by Town Center Mall. Who is your friend? Why don't the three of us plan to meet somewhere. We can do this!
MissSandy
on 12/5/03 1:49 pm - Acworth, GA
Hi,Tiffany.I live in Acworth,too,and have just recently begun researching the different weight loss surgeries.I am anxious to learn all I can before I make this decision.I am really interested in finding out more about the mini-bypass surgery being performed in North Carolina.I would like to hear from you and to find out more about the local meetings.Thanks. Sandy [email protected]
Gemini52272
on 11/8/03 2:08 am - Hiram, GA
I had my surgery 10/7/03 with Dr. Titus Duncan. I have a friend that had hers done by Dr. Smith in Woodstock. His patients meet at Windy Hill Rd & 75 area, every 3rd Thursday of the month. This is open to the public and they try to have a new speaker every time. If you need more info, email me at [email protected]. I live in Paulding County and don't know of any groups out here.
Most Active