UUGGHH

Cynde G.
on 10/5/03 2:11 am - Stockbridge, GA
well, I have found out from BCBS that the Dr Supervised diet info that I had sent isn't any good, due to the fact that I was preggers at the time, so I have to do a dr supervised diet for 6 months before they will consider it. This really ticks me off because when I called BCBS in May and asked what all they required I wasn't told anything about a dr sup diet. SO, now I have to wait until (hopefully) April or May to have the surg. But believe me, I am NOT GIVING UP!
Marrilee M.
on 10/7/03 8:29 am
Does BCBS want you to lose weight on the Dr. supervised diet to show that you don't need WLS (that you can lose weight by dieting)? Or, does BCBS >not
Cynde G.
on 10/8/03 8:46 pm - Stockbridge, GA
From what I was told yesterday, they want the proof you have dieted under a dr's care for 6 mos. If you lost weight, that was ok, if you didn't that was ok too. I also found out that due to the lack of documentation, that I can reapply for this in the spring instead of having to appeal it. Which is great because although I love my surgeon, the office staff seems to have a finger up their nose and I want to change dr's.
Karen M.
on 10/21/03 12:28 pm - Duluth, GA
Cynde, consider yourself lucky you only need to do 6 months!! Some state bc/bs plans are now going to require 3 straight YEARS of md supervised dieting before considering approval! I got that confirmed after I read it because I was so shocked! It's like telling someone with cancer that they need to be at least 1/3 dead before they can be treated to "prove' it's really killing them! You keep that can do attitude. I admire your positiveness. I was lucky to just get my surgery in under the wire, so to speak at the end of 2001, before a lot of these rules went into place. Alot of these harsher rules went into place this fall. The 3 yr rule goes into place 11/1/2003. You hang in there and got get 'em!! karen (open rny, 9/6/01, 296/146)
Most Active