Baptist Health Surg WLSC vs Georgetown Bariatrics

KyMomma
on 12/30/13 6:34 am

Just wondering about experiences at either of these two places.  I finally have insurance that will cover WLS! If you went to either of these places, please let me know your thoughts about pre and post care, staff, etc.

Thanks! Blessings to all!

Bucketta
on 12/31/13 11:56 am

I went to Georgetown, had wonderful experience pre-op and immediately after surgery.  Post op care was not that great after my first surgery because the doctors had left and gone to Baptist Health, if that is what they use to call Central Baptist Hospital.  Dr. Weiss is an excellent surgeon, I just don't care for the fact that the PA and ARNP's do all the follow up work, or at least they use to.  

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

KyMomma
on 1/1/14 11:01 am

Thanks for the input.  That was my concern about the after care is that I wouldn't get to see the surgeon. Filled out the forms for Georgetown but I'm still on the fence. Thanks again!

Lifebeauty
on 6/14/16 4:40 pm

Jackie, how are you?  I haven't been on site in years but saw your pic and thought if you come back again you will see this.  Need to get back on track as fills not working and I've gained weight.  Hope you are doing well.

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

Bucketta
on 4/19/17 11:01 am

Lifebeauty, Well I came back about 8 months after you wrote this, hope you see it. Lots has happened in my life and I need to get back on track and get the weight off that I gained plus lots more. Going to try to be more active here and get encouragement. Good to hear from you.

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

Lifebeauty
on 4/20/17 5:45 am

Truly understand about life changing obstacles. My husband is under hospice care but doing well. He has stage 5 kidney failure. We are still active Jehovah's Witnesses but he is more limited now.

It is hard to focus on non stress eating while focusing on the care and need for another. Otherwise I am healthy except that with weight gain I now have hypertension, something I've never had before. Always prided myself with not being on meds though overweight. Truly the pride is before the crash. Lol.

On the positive side we have both decided to get more active on sight and in our lives. I try to exercise weekly to get motivated and always feel energized when I eat and exercise more. Wishing the best for you and me in our weight loss and in the life changes we face. Take care and good to hear from you too.

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 123 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati