New to the Area

DeeDubbs
on 5/26/03 1:30 am - Louisville, KY
I had an open rny in August of 2000. At the time I lived in S. Florida and I helped run the support group there. I recently moved to the Louisville area and am looking for a new batch of weight loss pals. I began the journey at 469 pounds. This surgery was the absolute best thing that I ever did for me. If anyone knows of a good support group in area would you please e-mail me at [email protected]? Thanks for your help. Your Weight Loss Pal, Donna
Edna J.
on 5/27/03 2:47 pm
Hi, I had my open RNY last May and I go to a support group in Huntington, WV.at the same hospital where my surgery was done. I don't know of a support group in the Louisville area but I wanted to welcome you to Ky and to our message board. Are you still maintaining your weightloss? I've lost almost 200 lbs and doing great. Please feel free to e-mail me anytime. I love to correspond with other RNY patients. Take care and God Bless. Susy
Judy R.
on 6/14/03 12:41 pm - Louisville, KY
Donna, Dr Garr has a support group on the 2nd Tues of each month at the Norton Pavillion on Broadway ( the old Methodist Hospital). Think it is at 7 pm Dr Shina - Dr Gellar have a support group on the 4th Tues of each month at the Norton Surburban Hospital. It starts at 7 pm Dr Allen's support group moves from month to month. This month Jun 03 it was this past Friday. I will try to find out when the next meeting is. Dave Harmon (a local therapist) also has a support meeting on Monday evenings at 5:30. There is no speaker, just people wanting and who have had the surgery, one of his employees who has had the surgery, generally chairs the meeting. It is in the Dupont Professional Towers on Dupont Square. There is a $5.00 charge for the meetings that you attend. Harmon's group is my favorite. I think I get more from it. None of these Dr's did my surgery and no one has ever said I could not attend there meetings. You do hear a lot of surgeron talk at each meeting, but guess that is part of the process. My email is [email protected] if you would like to contact me.
annette J.
on 6/14/03 3:33 pm - BIG CREEK, KY
hi im annette and i live in south east ky.. do you have a profile here . i weigh 415 and can hardly walk..was that a problem for you and did the doc give you a hard time about it??? im scared to death he wont do it..i use a hoveround chair around the house..and a walked to get to the van..thanks..annette...p.s. welcome to ky and the board
Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 125 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati
cpinckard63 · 0 replies · 1339 views
Paducah, Ky
devonnec · 0 replies · 5142 views