Hello to all :)

Schtina J.
on 5/26/03 1:30 am - Winchester, Ky
This is my first time posting to our state message board and I just wanted to say Hi to everyone. My name is Schtina and right now I am going through insurance H#LL...not really the insurance company's fault though. I will be having surgery at BTC in Ohio with Dr. Adolph as my surgeon. BTC is great...except their insurance dept. They submitted my info to the ins co and all they sent was one letter from the surgeon. Needless to say, I wil be handling the insurance company and the paperwork from now on. So far everything looks greats and all I need is a gallbladder ultrasound, EGD, and nutriontist eval and I should be all set to go. Good luck to everyone no matter what part of this journey you are on
Sarah A.
on 5/27/03 4:17 am - Maysville, KY
Hi. My name is Sarah Arthur. I had my surgery last November 26th, 2002. As of Easter, I was down 106 lbs. I haven't been able to weigh myself since then. But I go back for my Drs. appointment on June 3. I'll get weighed again then. I have to tell you, I was originally going to go with BTC. Dr. Adolph was going to be my doctor too. I had my consult with him and everything. But their insurance department sucks. I was getting all these tests done, then BTC called my primary physician- not me mind you, and said that they didn't accept my insurance. So I had to start all over again. I found UC Physicians Surgical group out of Cincinnati, OH. They were wonderful and everything went from there. After I had switched doctors, I mean like 3 months or so, I get a call from BTC. They are wondering why I haven't gotten them my tests. I told them because I was going with another surgical group now. They asked why? I said, "Because you guys called my PCP and said you don't take my insurance". "What's your insurance", she asked. I told her Emerald. She sounded so suprised. Aparently they DO take Emerald. The BTC insurance department just doesn't know what the heck they are doing. I hope you get everything straightend out. I liked Dr. Adolph a whole lot when I met him. But I do think everything worked out for the best for me. I've been really happy with UC physicians. Take Care.
Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 125 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati
cpinckard63 · 0 replies · 1339 views
Paducah, Ky
devonnec · 0 replies · 5142 views