HELP ME!!!!

Jamie L.
on 7/5/03 10:27 am
I am so frickin upset that it's not funny. I was called by Glenna on Thursday afternoon after 4 months of waiting I was DENIED!! I have done everything the insurance company asked of me short of a drug test and I was still denied. How can this be? Don't they realize I am more of a risk to them if I don't have the surgery? I had my consultation back in March and I have been on a steady gaining stretch since. I can't seem to stop. Does it matter? I don't think so because apparently they don't want me to have this life saving surgery. I guess they rather I die. Which I am putting one foot in the grave now. I feel like my heart is going to explode with the least little exertion. How do I stop this? I am so depressed that I don't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my butt. I AM going to appeal. I think that if I don't then I won't be here next year. If anyone can give me advice or suggestions on appealing I would love to hear from you. Anything to get me out of this funk. Is the appeal process hard? Is it likely to get overturned to approval? Thank you for letting me vent, I do feel a little better.
Marissa R.
on 7/6/03 3:05 am - Kentucky, Ky
Hi Jamie, I'm waiting on Insurance approval myself. I don't have any words of wisdom to help with getting an appeal started, but definetely fight them for your right to live! Don't give up and try not to let yourself get too stressed, it sure isn't healthy for you. I have been told by many people that most insurance companies deny surgery at first. So don't let this get you down, ok? I know that is easier said than done but keep pushing.
bufordslipstick
on 7/6/03 5:47 am - Louisville, KY
fight!!fight!!fight!! They WANT YOU TO GIVE UP, but I really believe God doesn't give us more than we can handle. I had Humana the last several yrs, and I also had an exclusion written in with my company. I fought for 2 1/2 yrs (2 appeals w/insurance and one appeal w/company). They still denied it. I was FORCED to chg to Aetna, and guess what!! They will probably cover it. Don't get discouraged by my long wait though. It seemed every step I took forward there were 2 steps behind. But when I would be very frustrated and upset and sad, I would get new info to lead me on. That's how I came upon this website (Obesityhelp). There are many prople who have been where we are now (trying to get approved) and many are very willing and want to help us in our quest for this WLS. Look in the library under appeal letters/diet history ect..., and you should be able to find a letter that someone will let you tailor/doctor up to your own liking. I am now getting info together to send in for approval for Open Rny . The letter I am getting ready to send this time will knock their socks off!! It is way better than the letters I came up with. Sharon Brittain has a lot of good info on her profile and doesn't mind sharing. I hope this helps!! We are all in this together!! Don't give up. Help is out there if we search and ask!! P.S. Even after my long wait, I will probably have to be on another diet for 6 months before Aetna will approve. Some people get the surgery EZ, and some of us have to wait it out (appealing and such), and going thru more hoops (diets) I guess to see how bad we really want it. Good Luck!!! You can do it!!!!
annette J.
on 7/7/03 10:33 am - BIG CREEK, KY
hey dont give up...call them daily lol keep on them like white on rice lol...just dont give up ..you have to fight to live....call them so much that they will pass you just to shut you up ...good luck....nette
sails92
on 7/8/03 8:14 pm - Lexington, KY
Hi Jamie ~ I'm sorry that you are going through so many problems and is having a very hard getting approved. All I want to say that just lean on the Lord and He will give you peace. Try hard not to give up. There is a scripture in the Bible that says something like "If you delight yourself also in the Lord then He will give you the desires of your heart". This surgery is your heart's desire and you shall prevail. Try to continue to stay focus and keep appealing and keeping track of all of your documentation. I wish you many blessings with your journey to an "healthier you".
jpyles
on 7/14/03 5:28 am - Georgetown, IN
Jamie, Don't give up!! Contact the Kentucky Insurance Commisoners office in Frankfort. They will contact your insurance company for an explaination and will help resolve this. Insurance Companies HATE the Insurance Commissioner since they are required by Law to answer there questions. Your Insurance Company may give in....
Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 122 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati
cpinckard63 · 0 replies · 1334 views
Paducah, Ky
devonnec · 0 replies · 5137 views