DENIED???

scnlt
on 8/15/12 4:52 pm - LA
Not really sure why, but Louisiana Healthcare Connections denied me. Dr. Noria submitted all of my info and supposedly everything was in order and I met all criteria. Now her nurse Phillip is telling me I have a 50/50 chance of winning my appeal??? WTF
sabrina.rob40
on 8/16/12 5:19 am - LA
SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHY THEY DENIED YOU? I DON`T UNDERSTAND THAT. DON`T GIVE UP....WHAT IS YOUR BMI? AND DID YOU HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT?

scnlt
on 8/16/12 6:27 am - LA
Apparently there was some confusion about my 6 month supervised weight loss program, Phillip said they must not have recieved that portion of my packet in the fax, so he re submitted it and now we are hoping for the best. I hear that there havebeen some budget cuts recently to medicaid so I am nervous now. All of a sudden I have a "50/50 chance" of winning my appeal??? Why is that, if all of my criteria has been met, as Phillip and Dr. Noria have assured me? This is my worst nightmare!
scnlt
on 8/16/12 7:28 am - LA
My BMI is 37 and yep I had to loose 10 lbs, I lost 8 but haven't started the liquid diet yet so doc said I'm good. Just SO FRUSTRATED and now scared
sabrina.rob40
on 8/16/12 8:59 am - LA
I KNOW THAT THINGS ARE GOING TO WORK OUT FOR YOU....AND I ALSO HAVE LHC, I WAS SCOPED ON FRIDAY, THEY FOUND A HERNIA, I WENT BACK YESTERDAY ON WED TO TULANE DOWNTOWN AND HAD ANOTHER TEST DONE. NOW I WAS TOLD I NEEDED ANOTHER SLEEP STUDY TEST DONE BY SEPT 7. DID YOU HAVE TO DO ALL OF THIS FOR INSURANCE APPROVAL. AND DID YOUR PCP PREPARE YOUR TWO REFERRAL LETTERS CORRECTLY. I THINK THIS HAS A LOT TO DO WITH THE APPROVAL PROCESS. BECAUSE I WAS TOLD MY LETTERS WAS`NT PREPARED PROPERLY, AND IF NOT CORRECTED BY MY PCP I CAN ALSO BE DENIED. SO I HAVE TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS DONE PROPERLY BEFORE THEY SUBMIT EVERYTHING TO MEDICAID.
scnlt
on 8/16/12 3:28 pm - LA
I don't know anything about referral letters from my pcp, never heard that one yet! Are u sure it is not from your surgeon? I don't even HAVE a PCP, because LHC is so UNBELIEVABLY screwed up and keeps giving me non existent pcps! I have had to use my cardiologist as my pcp because of the screwed up situation with LHC.
scnlt
on 8/16/12 3:29 pm - LA
and yep, I had to have another sleep study done as well, even though I have had sleep apnea since 2009.
sabrina.rob40
on 8/16/12 3:46 pm - LA
Yes i am sure about the refferal letters, as a matter of fact it needs to be two refferal letters from your pcp as described.#1 A PLAN/ HISTORY OF A SUPERVISED DIET AND EXERCISE MANAGEMENT.#2 A SAMPLE WEIGHT LOSS REFFERAL LETTER. EVERYTHING MUST BE ON THE OFFICE ARE LETTERHEAD OF YOUR PCP. DIET MUST BE 6 MONTH CONSECUTIVE. IN ODER TO BE APPROVE. I AM ALMOST CERTAIN YOU WOULD NEED THIS.
scnlt
on 8/25/12 5:48 pm - LA
Oh, THAT. Yep, I have all of that. Philip called yesterday and reassured me. It was just an error on the part of LHC and we should be back on schedule middle to end of September. What an emotional roller coaster
Most Active