C-sections and the band

Ashley ..
on 5/14/05 5:52 am - Lewisville, Tx
Well, it sounds like the majority of you think the band is the easier of the two prodecures! YEA! One thing I had with my last c-section that I did not have with the first 2 were major GAS PAINS! I honestly thought I was dying. I think it made it worse that I had not gone to the bathroom before my surgery. 4 days and not going, along with the general pain of a c-section made for a really BAD experience. I definately want to avoid that at all costs if possible. Another question: After my c-section, I was not supposed to walk up stairs for 2 weeks. This was nearly impossible b/c my 4 yr old and 2 yr old both have rooms upstairs. Is this a requirement after having the lap band? I also have a 3 month old who is about 12 lbs. Will there be a problem holding him? Thank you all for your replys! I really do appreciate you taking the time to explain your experiences! Frances, bless your heart! You have really had a time of it!
*Sheila *.
on 5/14/05 7:15 am - Southwest, MO
Hi Ashley. I had a c-section 23 years ago and on a scale of 1-10 it was a 20. Plus my Doctor was anti-drug so I just had to suffer. To tell you the truth I've had bowel movements that hurt worse than lapband surgery. lol. Goodluck to you. Sheila 375/344/295/150
teresa@rockartcreation
s.com

on 5/14/05 11:29 am - Tempe, AZ
I've never had a C-section, but even if the pain is worse, at least you don't have to take care of a newborn at the same time that you are healing from the surgery . You even get to sleep through the night with good drugs. Good luck to you! Teresa
Most Active