HORRIBLE BEDTIME REFLUX

KathyS39
on 1/13/11 1:37 pm - St Pete Beach, FL
I will agree with everyone who says call your surgeon.  I am only 1 week post-op and was having horrible gas and nausea to the point of dry heaving.  I got in to see the surgeon today, he took out the 3 cc's he had originally put in my band, prescibed anti-nausea med and made me an appt for a barium swallow to check on my band.  This is the first night I haven't had late night pain and nausea.  Best wishes to you!
Kathy Allen

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 5:04 pm - ~Somewhere in~, PA
 You can't keep this fill level, you MUST get some saline remove ASAP. If you don't your BAND WILL SLIP. Don't try to cover it up and sleep on pillows or not eat close to bed time. This is a sign of pouch dilation a prelude to band slippage. I've had this happen to me several times and I SAVED MY BAND by going back to remove saline. Turns out my old surgeon fill giver was not filling me properly, he would fill me too tight or too loose. Ask for only a little bit out, if you find your self too loose, you may want to change or find  new surgeon that ONLY DOES BANDS, I had to find this out the hard way. Good luck
Kate -True Brit
on 1/13/11 6:16 pm - UK

My docs' instructiosn are clear.

Heartburn, try eating earlier, avoid caffeine, spices, alcohol. If it persists when you have done that, call him!

I got mild heartburn at night about a year ago. Really was mild, never even aware of teha ctaul underlying reflux. Had 0.1cc taken out - problem went!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active