Going to get my band tubing reconnected

tn7393
on 4/2/15 8:30 am

I am going through the exact same thing now - out of the blue I started gaining weight and had no restriction - went to get a fill and ask him to check what was in there and he said hardly any which was strange - so he got me to 4cc and still no restriction - another thing  I am noticing is I am sore really high up at the top of the breast bone - I am also scared if I have a leak my ins wont pay for it. Have you found out if your insurance is going to pay ?

kimkimmie
on 4/3/15 5:18 am - Jacksonville, FL

Hello :) They said my insurance is covering it BUT I have a high deductible plan so depending on the cost there's a high probability I'll be paying it all so using a surgery center. I had several fills greater than capacity so it basically told us there had to be a leak. To confirm he objected dye into my port and on the ex ray machine he uses to do fills with flouro, we saw the dye go in and as it moved through the tubing slowly flow out from its path (like smoke almost). Wishing you he best!!

~Kim 

***I was at 27 pounds lost on the day of surgery -- the loss shown on ticker includes my pre-op weight loss***
sheriberi29
on 4/3/15 7:00 am - Cleveland, TN

Ugh ! My dr says no to fluoroscopy unless he feels there is a real problem, I had 9 cc now I have 7.5 but he said the port is under pressure so if there was a leak , all the fluid would be gone. So he gave me a full cc I was unable to hold down fluid for 4 days, he removed . 5 cc and was able to sip only fluids, lost 4 lbs but now it's been another week and I can eat a big meal if I wanted to. My insurance is a different one than I had when I was banded so they will not cover anything to due with my band, they said even if it became an emergency( which I think is bologna ) so 

my highest weight was 242, goal weight reached 140, now 170 

frustrating 

tn7393
on 4/3/15 11:19 am

I am in the same boat - they are going to do the study under fluro next week - but my insurance wont cover the repair - what are you going to do ?

Hislady
on 4/3/15 12:24 pm - Vancouver, WA

I am self pay for my removal I had no choice it had to come out, but my insurance has a clause that it will not cover anything related to bariatric surgery or complications from bariatric surgery. I am still waiting for the hospital to bill me over a year latter. I won't be surprised if it is $20,000 or more. All I can do is pay what I can pay over time. I couldn't live with the pain anymore, I could barely crawl out of bed! The insurance companies really don't care whether we can afford it or not nor do the hospitals they just want to make their share of the money! I already paid $4000 to the surgeon and anesthesiologist. I wish you luck just remember your health is very precious don't ruin it with long term damage.

Most Active