lap band removal 1 week ago

my3angels3173
on 4/5/17 7:04 pm

Same here! My port incision after removal is still painful. Its been 3 weeks now. Also, my left thigh is numb and tingly with sporadic stabbing pain. Nerve damage from surgery???

Meme21
on 6/4/17 7:14 am

Exactly same symptoms as u! But removal was on 26.5.17 so 9 days ago. I really thought it would be an easy recovery period with minimal pain. Mate keeps saying, "Surely u shud b feelin better by now!" Grrrrrrr! That comment just makes me more impatient! I also feel guilty about the pain as I feel it is self inflicted thru having had the band fitted in the first place, (especially as in the end it didn't work for me - how flipping embarrassing!) That said, I'm glad it's out and am planning on working on a a healthier way of living. It will probably be a lengthy process of changing the habits n beliefs I've carried for many, many years - practically all of my life up until now. I suppose I could say that the lapband has brought me to this point n in that way it has helped. Just wish this pain where the port was would go - always had pain at port site when it was inside me but honestly never thought I would have pain there after removal!! And the numbness in the left leg - it's so bizarre! I had anti sickness jab there so maybe it's from that. Hope ur feeling better now and I hope I will be too very soon! ?

my3angels3173
on 4/5/17 7:04 pm

Same here! My port incision after removal is still painful. Its been 3 weeks now. Also, my left thigh is numb and tingly with sporadic stabbing pain. Nerve damage from surgery???

Mollyringwald
on 4/11/17 2:56 pm

had my LB for 8.5 years. had to have removed due to a slip on the 23rd. I had zero pain after and only took one pain pill because my BF insisted it would help me sleep that first night.

My problem is my area were my port was. It has a huge Knot under the skin. It looks like an alien baby. Anyone else have this issue?

I have had many surg and never has this happened before

msw2003
on 5/15/17 8:08 pm - Bel Aire, KS

I'm getting my band removed Friday. Do you wish you had taken more time off ? Have things leveled out with pain now?

Allisonjohns
on 5/26/17 11:15 pm
VSG on 07/03/17

I had mine out 4/10/17 with mild discomfort for a couple days. It was nothing. After 9 days I began my walking routine again (4+ miles a day)

im having the sleeve late June or July 3rd. No weight gain at all. I've lost 24 lbs since mid march!

Im so excited! Hope you feel better.

Most Active