Any other Tufts NEMC patients?

bulldog24
on 6/2/12 7:00 am
Ihave started the journey for  surgery at Tufts.I have Immersion day Monday.
I am going tohave Dr. Shah as a surgeon.
I am curious as     to what to expect pre op

JenK130
on 6/2/12 8:10 am
RNY on 01/30/12
I had Dr. Shah at Tufts.  I really like her and felt very comfortable with her.  The PA Danielle that works with her is also very helpful and returns calls very quickly.  The pre-op is a blur to me as my head was spinning.  But expect to do the Immersion Day, 2 visits with nutrition, 2 visits with the psychologists and your consult with the surgeon.  At the Immersion day a nurse with also mee with everyone individually and go over your own insurance needs.  I started the process in November and had surgery 1/30.  The surgeons operate on Mondays and Tuesdays so if all goes well plan to be home by Thursday or Friday : )  Feel free to message me with any other questions.  It is all very overwhelming but 100% worth it.
Jen
 RNY 1/30/12  

bulldog24
on 6/2/12 9:25 am
Thanks very much!
lovetheweighitfeels
on 7/30/12 10:03 am - MA
I am also getting my surgery at tufts, and I hope to have my surgery soon! I also have Dr. Shah as my surgeon! 

Getting anxious, only a few more visits left!
jdtrans
on 8/1/12 10:44 pm - Scituate, MA
 I am currently scheduled for August 13th.. Coming soon. I am interested to know what to expect?
lovetheweighitfeels
on 8/2/12 10:16 pm - MA
I am currently scheduled for August 27th, and I am like FREAKING out, cause I want to make sure the insurance covers everything before really allowing this to settle in. Anyone have Tufts Health Insurance.

BTW my friend had the surgery 2 weeks ago, she said make sure you bring something to read, some music to listen to, some LOOSE clothing, and a loose bra, towels and a pillow to lean on when you get in the car to go back home ( support your body and back ) and make sure you have all of your food available in the household when you come back.

Also, I heard Dr Kim is WONDERFUL, so you should be totally fine.
liz815
on 8/7/12 1:23 pm
RNY on 08/01/12
 I just had surgery 8/01/12 with dr. Shah. She is wonderful. You will also need to attend a HOWL seminar- I believe they are Monday evenings. I stayed after immersion day and went. Pre and post op patients attend and you can ask questions etc.  I am happy with how things have been so far. They seem to have a decent program. I would def recommend Dr. Shah. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 623 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2193 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4381 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4506 views