Counting down

SpeechyKeen
on 4/7/16 6:28 pm - Holbrook, MA
RNY on 04/25/16

It only took 10 years and three separate attempts, but I am a little over 2 weeks away from my gastric bypass. I feel excited, nervous, and maybe even a little scared of how much is going to change. I also feel ready. 

I've been dieting since I was 4 years old. 27 years is long enough to think I can do it alone. Especially with thyroid disease and PCOS. 

Now that I have my dependence on sugar under control, I feel really confident that I can make the changes stick. But like any addict, I kind of live in fear of complacency and that someday I may be dumb enough to think "I'll be fine". 

Grim_Traveller
on 4/12/16 5:00 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Welcome, and good luck on your upcoming surgery. I'm glad you have your dependence on sugar under control. I still don't. It will always be a daily struggle.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Mrs.Complications
on 7/14/16 2:32 am

Excellent thinking! Never think you will be fine. As an old timer, I can tell you, we switch from one thing to another. Please exchange your sugar & old way of eating to positive things. EVERY person I know who had WLS, that didn't pick healthy substitutes, including myself, have had worse issues than weight problems. Addiction to food, you take that away, but you need something to replace it. I wish someone would do a study on this subject, but would everyone be honest...could they? We see it happen between 2-3 years after surgery. Losing homes because of shopping, drinking, drugs, all to excess. Divorce, cheating, you get the idea.

Keep it all positive, and remember... You don't want to gain everything you lost or lose everything you have gained.

Kelly

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 601 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2170 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4355 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4481 views