Hi - New Member, going through Lahey Clinic

Lisa G.
on 10/17/03 1:14 am - Waltham, MA
Hi there... I'm fairly new to the board, though I've been researching WLS for about a year now. I have a consultation scheduled for November 11th with Dr. Shah in the Bariatric Center at Lahey Clinic. I'd love to hear feedback from other folks who have dealt with him/them. On the flip side, I originally attemped to go through Dr. Robinson at Brigham and Women's, and I had a terrible time just trying to get the APPOINTMENT squared away. I found them disorganized beyond belief and I was definitely not willing to hand them a scalpel and say, "All right - have at it!" I'm *still* getting calls from them, even though I've never actually seen the doctor. Crazy. I'm incredibly nervous about this, but excited and hopeful at the same time. Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 10/19/03 6:22 am - Fort Myers, FL
Hi Lisa, Dr Shah did my surgery. I thought he, Lahey Clinic and their program were outstanding. Karen, the NP who works with the program is super. I understand that they are expanding their program to include more than just Monday surgeries. I really had no negatives about them at all. Choosing a surgeon, especially for laproscopic procedures, is really important and you have a great one in Dr. Shah. Feel free to email with any questions. Lynda ME/FL
Christine S.
on 11/11/03 4:22 am - Methuen, ma
Hi, I am also a new member looking into surgery. I do have my first appointment with Dr. Mun at Beth Israel. I would like to try to go through Lahey due to it being so much closer and convenient for me. I was wondering if they take Tufts insurance there. Please let me know. Thanks. Chris
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 617 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2184 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4370 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4498 views