Hi everyone I am new here

alle
on 3/31/11 6:37 am
RNY on 05/15/12
I have just recieved my official papers from St. B. to say I am on the waiting list for bariatric surgery.  Havn't had an assesment yet or interview or anything other than the letter.  I am really confused by my options and am starting to do some serious research now.  I have enjoyed reading the posts and watching your successes and hearing about the stumbling blocks too.
I hope this is the first step to a healthier future for me.
(deactivated member)
on 3/31/11 6:50 am - Canada
Welcome Alle! Congrats For getting on the waiting list! Good luck and god bless.....~Cheryl
justlori
on 3/31/11 9:20 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 02/21/12
Hi Alle....

I received my official papers last month from the surgeon's office, so you're not far behind me on the waiting list.  From the previous posts from all the other forum members on here, it looks like we're in for quite a ride....and I can't wait!  

Lori
Kokonut
on 3/31/11 10:18 am

Welcome to the board :)  Just keep reading and researching all the questions you have about either surgery. The doctor will explain them to you, answer any questions you have and it will really help if you know plenty of info beforehand. You then get to make your choice :)

This is a great place for info. I learned a wealth of information here!

Good Luck and Good Health!

Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

Michelle_2975
on 3/31/11 3:18 pm - Canada
Hi Alle,
Welcome to the message boards. Feel free to ask anything. We will answer if you have insight. There are some really great people on here. I hope that the wait isn't too long.
Keith68
on 4/2/11 1:37 pm
Welcome Alle!  There is even the occasional guy from Manitoba here too! 

Do lots of research and ask lots of questions.

Enjoy the journey!!

Keith

Tanya W.
on 4/3/11 12:57 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Hi Alle;

Welcome aboard!

You get to choose between the gastric sleeve and the gastric bypass procedure.
Those are the two that you need to research.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Good luck,

Tanya

manitobafrustrated
on 4/3/11 3:18 am
Welcome!  We are all here to help....post  your questions. 

Pam

skyteddy
on 4/4/11 1:40 am
WELCOME  i am still very new here also lots of info from everyone and new friends

Most Active