6 Months have passed.....since I was sleeved!

Mishyme
on 4/20/11 9:37 am
Holy crap!

I went today to see Dr. Andrew.  I walked in and said to him... I am not sure if I should Hug Kiss or shake your hand!!

I ended up hugging him and thanking him so very much for giving me life back.  I am truly thankful to him for doing my surgery and for the program they have offered. 

He said the waiting list is now over 400 women!  The pilot program is hoping to get funding approval for more surgeries prior to the Election.  They have completed approx 50 surgeries now and I was one of the first handfull done!! 

I have lost almost 25% of myself.  Still lots more to go.  I wish all you ladies on the list best of luck and hope that you get the surgery of your dreams too. 

Thank-you again for the support,
Michelle
Stats: HW 311 lbs in Aug 2010, VSG on 10/19/2010, Surgeons goal 208lbs, My Goal 175lbs or less Current 193lbs
manyquestions4u
on 4/20/11 10:21 am - Winnipeg, Canada
 WOW, 6 months already?????? time sure flies. 6 months and 25% of your body weight. That is truly amazing. You must be so proud of yourself, and RIGHTFULLY so. Congrats Michelle
Kokonut
on 4/20/11 11:48 pm
WHOOHOO! You go girl!! :) That is awesome!! I am right on board with you on the thankfulness for this program! We are so lucky to have had this opportunity.

It's crazy that there are soooo many women waiting! I really hope they get their funding right quick and start helping more people to get healthy!

Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

Michelle_2975
on 4/21/11 12:41 am - Canada
You forgot to mention how AWESOME you look!

Wow 400 women, I am so happy that I got my referral in when I did.
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 3:35 am - Canada
Congrats! It's so nice to see Manitoba getting on board with this pilot program. There are so many people out there that need the help and support that this surgery offers. I saw your pictures Mich took. You look great girl! Keep up the good work and acrobats too! I know how you feel about having your life back, your certainly not alone on that one. I haven't felt this alive in many years. ~Cheryl
justlori
on 4/21/11 6:50 am, edited 4/21/11 6:51 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 02/21/12

Whoa! 400! Can you imagine what the waiting list will be like when they open the criteria?

Karenerickson
on 4/21/11 1:45 pm - Portage La Prairie, Canada
Congratulations Michelle on your 6 month anniversary. It gives me hope to see how well all you ladies are doing while I wait.

I hope the government looks at the waiting list and sees how badly this surgery is needed here in Manitoba. I hope to be on the extended list so here's hoping.

Karen
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 2:16 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
That is awesome!!!

You worked hard for this, am so happy for you!

I bet he loved having that hug from you. KNowing what he is doing is giving people their lives back. I wonder if he truely understand that feeling.

I hope they get the funding for more surgeries! ack...400 on the waiting list?? Wonder if that means surgery wait times are going to be abit longer? Although, it is fantastic so many people are able to have this surgery.
notoriousgrannyD
on 4/27/11 3:05 am
VSG on 10/16/12
Good for You!!!!  I am dismayed at the news of 400 on the list! yikes!  this needs to be addressed by the Gov.  Does anyone know if any of the candidates for any parties have even acknowleged this or are willing to make it a priority? I'm not a polical person but this seems like a good time for them to notice.........

Di
Sue B.
on 5/17/11 11:41 am - Canada
OMG!!! I would not have recognized you....you look amazing!!!  I haven't been on the site for quite awhile and figured i'd better catch up. I've been frustrated...stuck at 181 for 6 weeks now. Definitely have my appetite back and can eat pretty much anything... not always good. haha      
take care
sue b
Most Active