hmmm ..... what should I do

notoriousgrannyD
on 6/7/11 10:14 am
VSG on 10/16/12
I FINALLY got my acceptance letter today (hooray!) after 2 months.  That is great but I don't know if any of you remember, but I requested a copy of my referral letter  from my Dr. and had discovered several mistakes (address, etc) but most importantly it said I was a smoker.  I haven't been a smoker for about 20 years.  I have already faxed a correction to the Bariatric clinic but in my referral package they sent a special notice saying that smokers will not be accepted into the program and must be smoke free for 2 months before surgery. 

Here's my question - Should I call them just to confirm that they are aware that I am NOT a smoker.  I hate to bother them but I don't want any misinformation that could possibly get me shuffled to the back of the line  but again, I hate to bother them.

was this form standard for everyone?

NGD
sipis
on 6/7/11 12:18 pm
I don't think there's any harm in calling and confirming they have the correct information.  I'd probably do the same.  If you can't be picky about your health what can you be picky about? 

Congrats on getting your letter :) 
newme210
on 6/7/11 1:05 pm
If smokers will not be accepted into the program.  Then why would they have to be smoke free two months before surgery?  There is no information like correct information.  Especially if it means the difference between bein accepted or denied because of misinformation.  I dont think your one phone call is going to bother them after all the calls they get in a day.  Besides that, it is her job.  Good luck
notoriousgrannyD
on 6/7/11 1:52 pm
VSG on 10/16/12
That's true, it is her job, I never thought of it that way......... and it's not like I will keep her on the phone for an hour or anything (although I am chatty, so says my husband - hmph!)  I thing I will call, it will make me feel comfortable so that I can hurry up and wait...... and wait ......and..... wait.
lol - sort of

NGD
Mrs.Jackatar
on 6/7/11 9:47 pm - Pine Falls, Canada
YOu shouldn't feel awkward about it at all!  If it the letter stated you were a diabetic, you would want to clarify that.  So I would call to have that taken care of.  Ask her to put an addendum in your chart.  And maybe get your GP to send a clarification letter as well. 
I did not get a acceptance form.  I was one of the trail blazers, so I was accepted when I went for my consult with Dr. Andrews.  But that was last September when the program just started. 
Good luck to you NGD!

Sherry
HW 300 CW 294 DAY OF SURG WEIGHT 267 Height  5'2.5
NUT Goal 180   My Goal  150

manyquestions4u
on 6/8/11 12:56 am - Winnipeg, Canada
 CALL THEM, and get that corrected STAT. 
Michelle_2975
on 6/8/11 1:40 pm - Canada
I could have had my surgery in Nov/10 but had to be smoke free for 2 month. I didn't get to go until Jan/11. I would call them.

Mich
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/11 5:50 am - Canada
Make that call..After all this is about you not them. ~Cheryl
rainyone
on 6/12/11 9:04 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I got my acceptance letter on may 31 and got the notice about smoking... never ever smoked so I think it is pretty standard to include.
Most Active