Off topic.... but applicable for all of US!

Mishyme
on 10/27/11 1:30 pm
- A teacher in New York was teaching her class about bullying and gave them the following exercise to perform.

She had the children take a piece of paper and told them to crumple it up, stamp on it and really mess it up but do not rip it. Then she had them unfold the paper, smooth it out and look at how scarred and dirty is was. She then told them to tell it they’re sorry. ...Now even though they said ......they were sorry and tried to fix the paper, she pointed out all the scars they left behind. And that those scars will never go away no matter how hard they tried to fix it. That is what happens when a child bully’s another child, they may say they’re sorry but the scars are there forever. The looks on the faces of the children in the classroom told her the message hit home.

I thought this was appropriate as this is how obese people are treated as well,

Taken from Facebook.
Michelle
Stats: HW 311 lbs in Aug 2010, VSG on 10/19/2010, Surgeons goal 208lbs, My Goal 175lbs or less Current 193lbs
grneyedgrl75
on 10/27/11 11:02 pm - Canada
WOW! that is a very powerful excersize...especially cause i have children..They should do that in all schools!! I remember back in school i was teased and no one gave me a fair chance cause i wasn't skinny and wore name brand clothing! I would love to copy this and post it on my facebook if that's ok with you.

thank you so much for sharing this
Kokonut
on 10/27/11 11:30 pm

WOW!!! I just shared this with my kids..they were stunned! I was ttreated poorly in school, for lots of different reasons, so I have this type of convo with my kids a few times a year. Now that I am not obese I sure do get treated differently. I even get picked up by women now..LOL

Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

Most Active