Uggghhhhh why am I binge eating?

alle
on 3/27/12 8:39 am
RNY on 05/15/12
I have 7 weeks till my surgery and I am finding myself binge eating candy and chocolate and feeling terrible for doing it, both physically and emotionally.  In the back of my mind I am thinking....you're never going to be able to eat this again so go ahead.  I have to get control and start eating better.  My mind is consumed with food right now and I have a sugar headache.
justlori
on 3/27/12 4:08 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 02/21/12
I did the exact same thing.   I lost and gained the same 10 pounds 5 times between my initial doctor's appt to get a referal, to consult with the surgeon, to meeting the NUT, to pre-op at The Vic, to surgery day.  As hard as it is, try get it under control.  Try remember that after surgery you will be able to eat pretty much everything you did prior to surgery, but in moderation.   The thing I'm finding now is that my body doesn't crave those unhealthy foods like it did before.  Now when I feel like a snack, instead of grabbing a bag of potato chips, I'm content with a few almonds or a cheese string.   

It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. Edmund Hillary
HW 282  CW 229  Height 5'9"  NUT Goal: 195-199  My Goal: 175

alle
on 3/28/12 4:20 am
RNY on 05/15/12
Thanks for the encouragement.  I dreamt about a birthday party last night, woke up and I am thinking " I am never going to have birthday cake again"  Then I said to myself...." yes you will just not alot and you can make a sugar free, lower fat cake!"  I seem to have little panic moments when I lie awake at night.  Today I had a good breakfast, planned a nice healthy lunch, have my my 24 oz. bottle of water on my desk beside my coffee and am going to stay away from the junk food!  I have to stop worrying about yesterdays mistakes and focus on today, a new day. 
Most Active