Newbie with questions re:Mexico

ywgchick
on 5/21/12 1:27 pm
VSG on 05/08/14
Hi there,

I was very recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. A month ago (prior to the diabetes diagnosis) I was referred for surgery. I have a BMI of 35. I have a couple of questions

1) With a 35 BMI, I qualify, right?

2) How long of a wait am I looking at?

3) Do you recommend Mexico?

4) Does Manitoba Health cover any of the cost if you get it done in Mexico?

5) Is there a Mexico thread?

I thinks that's it. Thanks for any help you can give me!!
Teasha1
on 5/21/12 2:48 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
With a 35 BMI, I qualify, right?  I am not sure

2) How long of a wait am I looking at?  I am not sure

3) Do you recommend Mexico?  Several people from the boards have gone to Mexico, I myself will be going on the 4th of June

4) Does Manitoba Health cover any of the cost if you get it done in Mexico? MB health does not cover any costs because it is available in MB.  However, you can claim it on your income tax and get some back; at least that is my understanding.

5) Is there a Mexico thread? There is a VSG form and a Mexico forum under international.

I thinks that's it. Thanks for any help you can give me!!

Some of the info you reqested any way.  Good luck with your searching.  Lorna

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

rainyone
on 5/21/12 10:49 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I went to Dr Ponce ( using Trish as a coordinator) in April and would reccommend it. The hospital was very clean, the nursing was great, I felt very confident in my decision. I'm heading back in June with my sister who is getting the surgery. I picked my date, and got in within 3 weeks. Not much of a wait at all. I could have been in within a week had that worked for me. I wrote about my experience under my profile, and I put pictures up on www.photobucket.com/wlstijuana

It's easier getting the surgery with lower bmi's in mexico. I've heard of people between 30-35 getting it , where lower bmi people often have issues finding a surgeon.

The mexico forum is good... not very active but lots of previous posts.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions you don't want to post or for any contact info.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

rainyone
on 5/21/12 10:51 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
Oh and Manitoba health doesn't cover any but if you submit it to them, get denied, then send it into your benefits at work if you have a health care spending account, you can sometimes get your $500 for it. You can also like Lorna said - claim it on your income tax as a medical expense.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

BeautyVGSJourney
on 5/24/12 6:19 am - Fort Worth, TX
I went to Mexico too, May 10, with Dr. Ponce De Leon using Trish as my coordinator and highly recommend it!!!!!  I have videos on youtube that show the surgery and my journey. (BeautyVGSJourney).  Good luck in your journey!
Most Active