Mexico Post-op question/request

ywgchick
on 6/10/12 5:07 am
VSG on 05/08/14
Hello,

So, I'm getting my ducks in a row to try to make VSG in Tijuana happen. I'm in contact with Trish, getting myself as informed as possible.

At this point, my biggest concern is post-op care. I'm not going to do it withour ensuring I have post-op care lined up. Unfortunately, when I (casually) ran it by my GP last month, he wasn't against it per se but he he wasn't biting too hard either..but I wasn't too serious about it.

After doing lots of research on it, now I'm serious.

I've made another appointment for next week. I want to walk in armed to the hilt with all the information possible, specifically when it comes to his role in my post-op care, like what he has to look for, the tests he'll need to run, etc.. I want to give myself every chance of him saying yes.

So, to those who went to Mexico, were you given extensive care instructions from your Mexican doctor? Do you have anything you can email me directly so I can share with my GP??

Please and Thanks!!

- Sylvie
justmest
on 6/10/12 6:24 am - Canada
VSG on 05/21/12
just as I suspected, you are from my city.. I responded to you on the vsg board

Referal weight 265, surgery date weight 243, ticker is all post op loss so add 22 to ticker loss

rainyone
on 6/10/12 7:20 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
 I have a list of reccomemded blood work ( 3 months , 6 months and a year out , then yearly after) there isn't much else to do . I got a prescription for something for the acid ( Mexico dr gave me a months worth of meds) 

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Madelaine2000
on 6/11/12 9:18 am
I had talked to my doc before I went and then when I came back I went in for an incision check. She wanted me on antibiotics just to be safe, and then actually called me at the end of that week to see how the incisions were healing and how I was feeling. Unless I have something wrong, I dont need to go bac****il 3 month blood work. There is really little aftercare if everything goes according to plan.

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

Most Active